• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Nervous appointment tomorrow

A

Atvprincess

So I'll start with my back story. I got pregnant in 2015. I couldn't go to the dentist as much beside the cleanings. Then I had my daughter and I haven't been back sense. She's almost 2. I absolutely hate going to the dentist. I haven't had a cleaning in a year almost 2. I have one major cavity on my front tooth between the two main front top teeth. It's a huge hole. I'm so nervous about what there going to do... I really don't want a root canal know my front tooth. I know I don't brush at night. I have other stuff I need to take care of then I'm too tired. I have really bad teeth. I had braces for 3 years and pregnancy did a number on them too...ugh..I'm so stressed.. I should have gone when the cavity was much smaller but I just hate going to the dentist. I'd rather go to the Dr's, and that's saying a lot. I have ibs and anxiety and they both get really bad when I get stressed or I'm out of my comfort zone...so I guess I punish my teeth for it...sorry for the long vent...

I have IBS too so today before my extraction I took an Imodium just to be on the safe-ish side if that makes sense.

I have major anxiety and my dentist was amazing. If you go in there and let them kmow your anxious and nervous they will work with you!

Oftentime our minds make situations worse than they are!

Hugs!!

Back