• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

nervous to make dental appointment

B

brooke cole

hi my name is Brooke. I have mentioned before that I need a lot of dental work done. I really do want to get it done because I want nice teeth again but I am honestly nervous to make the appointment with my dentist. Any advice? I do have an anxiety disorder and want tto get through this. :dunno:

Why not ask someone to make a call for you that is what i did :o

I honestly did not think of that but I'll probably do that. Thanks :)

Good luck, hope it goes well. I am in the same boat as you.

Hi Brooke

:welcome: To the forum. Well done for looking to take that first step, making the first appointment is always the hardest bit, much kudos :respect:

I think Marcos suggestion is a great one; did you already find a dentist that you like the look of figuratively speaking or was it a recommendation?

again well done for facing up to your fears, it's not easy and takes a lot of courage, I'm sure you will be totally fine:)

Hi Brooke

:welcome: To the forum. Well done for looking to take that first step, making the first appointment is always the hardest bit, much kudos :respect:

I think Marcos suggestion is a great one; did you already find a dentist that you like the look of figuratively speaking or was it a recommendation?

again well done for facing up to your fears, it's not easy and takes a lot of courage, I'm sure you will be totally fine:)

Thanks! Yes i found a dentist that i like so now to make the appointment. I think i will try Marco's idea. :grin:

Yes that sounds good, as long as you make the appointment it doesn't really matter how it gets done ;D

Yes that sounds good, as long as you make the appointment it doesn't really matter how it gets done ;D

Yes exactly! Thank you for your support!:jump:

No problem; I know exactly what it's like. I'm sure it will be totally fine; if your dentist is anything like mine they will make the whole thing very easy :)

No problem; I know exactly how it is.im sure it will be totally fine; if your dentist is anything like mine they will make the whole thing very easy :)

Yes my dentist is very kind caring gentle and very understandable:grin:

I got my appointments by emailing them actually :) Calling would make me super nervous, but with email I can take all the time in the world to think about what I want to say. They called me back the same day- I was napping so I didn't pick up, but after that it kind of made me a little less nervous so I was able to call them back (honestly I was in enough pain that I just wanted to do something to get rid of the pain.. but pain is a good motivator!).

Good luck to you! (I have thought of having my husband call for me ... he would too... it just didn't come to that)

Back