• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Never been to the dentist...

K

katy38

I'm 22 years of age and have never been to the dentist. I dont know what to do or even know where to begin. My back teeth are killing me!! I can't sleep at night because of it or eat. I think I have blue cross dental insurance but I have no idea what it covers or which dentist I can go to but I really need help!

going to the dentist may seem scary i should know i have major anxiety and i had to have a wisdom tooth pulled that was killiing me but what i did to help me calm down was i kept reminding my self how much better it was gonna be when it was all over as for finding a dentist who accepts your inssurance this is who i used its a good reputable site

[out-of-date link removed] let me know if you need any more help ciao kaitlin

try some extra strength tylenol or aleve till you can get to the dentist or try putting clove oil on the tooth to numb the pain

Last edited by a moderator:
I've talked to 1800dentist twice today and they can't find me any information is what they have told me.

I'm 22 years of age and have never been to the dentist. I dont know what to do or even know where to begin. My back teeth are killing me!! I can't sleep at night because of it or eat. I think I have blue cross dental insurance but I have no idea what it covers or which dentist I can go to but I really need help!

Most dentists these days will not be rude or judgemental. many if not most offer payment plans as well. They should examine you and present you with a treatment plan. many can sedate you.

You're in the US? Find out the insurance provider's name and then go to websites of dentists and see which insurances they take. Most "good" insurances will let you go to any provider you choose. You could call the practice and ask. They will know

Nurse Doogie

Yes I'm in the US the Bradenton/Sarasota area actually in florida. I have done that and at first the only one that showed up was an oral surgeon so I called them and the lady told me that I should probably call a regular dentist. So I searched again and I have way too many to choose from. I can't find any decent reviews either. I dont want to pick just anyone then it be the wrong one.

You're in the US? Find out the insurance provider's name and then go to websites of dentists and see which insurances they take. Most "good" insurances will let you go to any provider you choose. You could call the practice and ask. They will know

Nurse Doogie

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Oddly, I only live about 90 min north of you and am familiar with that area. Let me see what I can find out and will PM you. How far are you willing to travel?

Are you close to one of the dentists on here? He's in Coral Gables. Not sure how far that is from you.

Yes their is one in Sarasota that I saw on here I dont think he accepts my insurance though. I have a Florida blue card it says blue care HMO. What does that even mean? I found a dentist near me that accepts my insurance plus CareCredit. Has anyone used care credit? I haven't brought myself to call him yet to make an appointment.

A lot of practices here will not take HMO. You will have to ask.

I used a website called ratemds to find my dentist. It's easy to use and easy to find doctors in your area that have good reviews. I used this website to find my dentist and the reviews were right, he is an amazing dentist.

My gums were swollen on the one side after Thanksgiving dinner last night so the next morning it was worse. I tried calling a dentist that I found through my health insurance but I think they were closed so went to my regular doctor and got antibiotics and pain medication but the swelling hasn't gone down yet. :confused:

So I called my insurance company and I pretty much dont have anything covered accept for a broken tooth on my insurance. Now what?

If anyone is wondering I do have insurance it is guardian life I was looking into my health insurance by mistake. I got the tooth pulled that was killing me yesterday and now I'm doing great! I have a root canal next Monday and they gave me some pills to help my anxiety when I got back in. I hope they help. Thank you everyone for the support! :)

Hi, call around and the secretary will tell you if they take the insurance. BUT, your feeling comfortable with the dentist is more important than your insurance. Dentists offer payment plans and lines of credit now so, do some research online and pick one you feel you can go back to in the future.

Back