• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New and fearful

S

Scottyboiii69

Hello I know this is slightly off topic but I'm new on this site and have no idea how to start a thread or find one in which I can discuss my fears and concerns. I go to the dentist regularly I can handle getting fillings and scale and polish a piece of cake they don't bother me. I was in getting a filling done and the tooth next to it already had a deep filling that needed replaced. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I'm eating and crunched on 3 chunks of filling from upper 2nd molar and the tooth felt loose to touch with my tongue . Visited my dentist the next day and the tooth was cracked outside edge so she cut away the bit that was broke and filled me up with a temporary filling. My dentist first suggested a crown but after a further look it wouldn't last that long. So we are going to have it extracted but I am absolutely petrified of tooth extraction. I'm scared how it's going to hurt my anxiety is sky high about the though of the tooth breaking even more when trying to extract it. Also worried if the roots extend up into the sinus cavity. Sorry for the long post . Help Ahhhhhhhh

Hi there. I just had a broken tooth extracted, as in broken to the gym line broken, and infected as I've neglected it and myself for years. I can honestly say while it took a little longer than other extractions I've had (wisdom) and since it was infected it didn't freeze as.well as I'd hoped it wasn't bad or painful or anything like that.

Hi Courtenay thanks for your response . I've had two lower impacted wisdom teeth cut out while IV sedation and it was great stuff lol this time it's upper second molar and will be only with local. The tooth gives me no pain so hopefully It's not infected it's just cracked after dentist drilled too deep during my last filling she never left enough tooth . I'm petrified it won't pull put easy and if the roots are in sinus cavity I'd freak out. Have general anxiety I'm not purely dental anxious as I don't mind the jags or fillings one bit . It's the though of my tooth being yanked out I've got solid teeth it feels like they're cemented in. Thanks again, I appreciate you replying

Mine are in there good too. My dentist who is amazing and wonderful actually warned me mine might break into pieces as it was so bad but it didn't. Honestly I am glad to be done with it!!

Back