• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New Dentures, They gave me a overbite

C

cdc285

I just got my dentures after being without teeth for a year, so I know my gums have had time to heal and recess what they are going to for now anyway. They gave me a overbite which I stated my concern with during the fitting before they made the actual denture. I was told they had to give me a overbite so the teeth would not hit and dislodge which I kind of understood but also I only had the mold in my mouth a few minutes and a little mirror to look in, so I really didnt have time to figure out if I like them before I signed off on them. NOw they tell me Im stuck with them because I signed off on the fitting.

So I got 2 questions.

1. did they have to give me an overbite to the point where I could see the roof of my mouth through it when I look up?

2. They gave me face lift dentures which Im still young(30) and my lips really didnt sink in a whole lot after extractions, now it looks like I got something in my upper lip. Should they have gave me face lift dentures?

I'm not a dentist and don't have dentures but my mother got implants at UAB a few years ago which cost a bazillion dollars because they have to build up her bone with cadaver bone and bone from her hip.

She's 5'1" and weighs about 110 lbs and they had pictures of her from her teens (she had all her teeth pulled at 20 due to gingivitis). They gave her HUGE teeth and a horrible overbite. She lisps and can't chew well. She's gone back several times now and they've adjusted the bite as best they can but she looks like a beaver.

I'd insist on a new set or get an attorney! You're too young to be embarrassed by your smile!

I'm not a dentist and don't have dentures but my mother got implants at UAB a few years ago which cost a bazillion dollars because they have to build up her bone with cadaver bone and bone from her hip.

She's 5'1" and weighs about 110 lbs and they had pictures of her from her teens (she had all her teeth pulled at 20 due to gingivitis). They gave her HUGE teeth and a horrible overbite. She lisps and can't chew well. She's gone back several times now and they've adjusted the bite as best they can but she looks like a beaver.

I'd insist on a new set or get an attorney! You're too young to be embarrassed by your smile!

Thanks for the advice:)

Back