• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

new here and needing help and advice please :/

B

bonniebird

Hello all i hope your all well and okay. I appologise now 1 if i spell things wrong and 2 if i start waffling on:redface:. Here goes
I had a very bad expirance when i was little and it stopped me from going to the dentist for 23 years:scared:. I did how ever over come this and have 2 teeth pulled this year:thumbsup:. Yet sounded like a prat humming to myself to distract myself from whet was going on:p. The thing is i need about 11 teeth out all back ones top and bottom but i just want to git it over and done with as there coursing me pain and discomfort and if i am truthful i suffer with depression and this is making things worse as its making me not want to live on ( i know silly and selfish:redface:). I am in slight pain now as i write to you all i haven't eaten hardly anything in case it starts the pain worse again, I cant sleep because anything and everything will make me jump out my skin I never have a deep sleep as i am always on tender hooks and waiting for the pain to start again. I am going to go and see the dentist tomorrow if they can fit me in ( he is very good) and ask if there is any way i can be sent to hospital to be put to sleep ( another one of my fears as never had it done:scared:) and have them all took out in one go. I just hope he will listen to me because i don't think i can carry on like this its destroying my life, my marriage because i am just so unhappy my children think there is something worse going on because there mum is meant to be the strong one:shame:,
In a nut shell its destroying my life and i know i cant live like this any more i just want my dentist to listen to me and do as i would wish.
Thank you for listing/ reading and sorry :redface:

Please somebody answer me i really need some help :( xxxxx

You came to a great place for help! I hope you get an appointment today! I am young, but I think that fear is a universal language that doesn't require that much life under your belt to master. I understand why you are afraid. One thing that you should do is talk with your dentist today about your fear BEFORE you talk about fixing your teeth. Just "getting it over with" will only intensify your fears. I hate verbally talking about this sort of stuff, so what I plan on doing (when I get the courage to go to the dentist again) is writing things that I want to discuss on a piece of paper and either use it as a guide for discussion, or just hand him/her the paper and talk about the topics on that paper and resolve the issues as much as possible.
You could also try seeing a therapist about your depression.
Sending love and good luck your way! Let us know what goes down! :clover::love::hug4:

thank you for getting back to me i am in with the dentist tomorrow. I know i am going to need the work done very soon as i am in pain and its really getting to me. Thank you again for getting back to me :)

Hang in there, Bonnie :) everything is going to work out! I'm so sorry about your traumatizing childhood dental visit (I had one too). I hope the dentist you go to is very good at what he does and takes the time to listen to your concerns. Making an appointment is a step in the right direction. Even if you have a lot of dental work to be done like I do, just keep in mind the end result. It's well worth it to have a happy smile and healthy teeth. You'll do just fine, keep us posted! :XXLhug:

I am sorry you are having so much pain. There is probably few things worse than dealing with any kind of dental pain. It will cause you to feel stressed from lack of sleep and the ability to eat, which in turn can cause depression and anxiety. I've been there and I know how frustrating it can feel. But there is good news...you have made an appointment and help is on its way. I am not sure it matters how you get it done, whether by having all of the teeth removed at one time or baby stepping your way through it, the point is to get some relief!

Fear is a terrible feeling, and many of us are reluctant to take the next step but as you will read through many of these helpful postings you will find that the procedures are always far less frightening than we imagined. And many of us have very good imaginations, myself included! ;)

Please keep us posted of your progress! Sending you good thoughts! :XXLhug:

Hello all i hope your all well and okay. I appologise now 1 if i spell things wrong and 2 if i start waffling on:redface:. Here goes
I had a very bad expirance when i was little and it stopped me from going to the dentist for 23 years:scared:. I did how ever over come this and have 2 teeth pulled this year:thumbsup:. Yet sounded like a prat humming to myself to distract myself from whet was going on:p. The thing is i need about 11 teeth out all back ones top and bottom but i just want to git it over and done with as there coursing me pain and discomfort and if i am truthful i suffer with depression and this is making things worse as its making me not want to live on ( i know silly and selfish:redface:). I am in slight pain now as i write to you all i haven't eaten hardly anything in case it starts the pain worse again, I cant sleep because anything and everything will make me jump out my skin I never have a deep sleep as i am always on tender hooks and waiting for the pain to start again. I am going to go and see the dentist tomorrow if they can fit me in ( he is very good) and ask if there is any way i can be sent to hospital to be put to sleep ( another one of my fears as never had it done:scared:) and have them all took out in one go. I just hope he will listen to me because i don't think i can carry on like this its destroying my life, my marriage because i am just so unhappy my children think there is something worse going on because there mum is meant to be the strong one:shame:,
In a nut shell its destroying my life and i know i cant live like this any more i just want my dentist to listen to me and do as i would wish.
Thank you for listing/ reading and sorry :redface:
Hi! I am new here and can empathise with you. Go to your dentist and ask for a referral to a dentist who is trained to offer hypnotherapy, and be very forceful when you tell the dentist what your problem and your needs are. A good dentist will understand and take things slowly and easily until you feel comfortable. I could tell you that if left alone things can only get worse - I have been there and done that and things DO get worse. One thing I have found is that the fear is worse than the treatment. Jim

Hey I know what your going through. Im needing all my back teeth out too and so so scared. Iv already been reffered to dental hospital but didnt go through with it as the thought of waking up with all that pain and holes scared me. Im now making myself go back to the dentist and go through the treatment.
I also feel the same about it ruining your life its ruining mine too!! :(

I hope your ok and got your appointment sorted.
Theres alot of people hear who can reassure you and give you great advice
You can always speak to me if you need anyone to talk too!

we can do this
stay strong x

Back