• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New here. General Anthestic questions.

S

sarahc

Hi..

I am a wee bit concerned.

I suffer with massive anxiety, panic and agoraphobia problems, thankfully i can now leave the house but unfortunately my teeth are in a chronic condition because of it.

Last July i was booked in to have IV sedation and an extraction. After 4 minutes of panicking, i finally let them sedate me and all went well, BUT - beucause of the "fuss" i made they refused to treat me anymore. Now, i am in PAIN and have been for 2 months or more, i've emailed the clinic that refused to treat me and finally i've got myself a referal for denistry under GA. Although i REALLY need this work i am totally pooping my pants. I freaked out before the IV Sedation because i was scared i would die under the drugs but i'm aware that the drugs are totally harmless UNLIKE having a GA. The work i need to have done is all wisdom teeth removed and about 10 fillings, a root canal (and possibly some more extractions too).

Please someone help me with what to expect after coming round from having all wisdom teeth remove because i know after having my one molar extracted that was pretty darn painful.

Thanks

Sarahc

Hi Sarah :welcome:, the first question that popped into my head when I read your post was "Is there no other dentist in your area offering IV sedation?". It sounds to me as if this would be your preferred option (correct me if I'm wrong).

You read my mind! Thats exactly what i want, but i can't find any other dentists that do sedation.

I take it you're in a fairly small town then with no bigger cities nearby :confused: ?

Back