• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New Large Metal Filling But In Pain Again!!!!!!!

V

VANESSA

HI GUYS AND GIRLS !! please can you advise me??

I had a new deep amalgam filling done in a 6 molar. I developed sensitivity to cold after this which i did not have before - ever !! Also was in agony with this tooth for a week taking codiene and ibuprofen

New dentist put in partial white filling, which has helped but am still ahve some sensit. in the tooth....not so bad....but still there also flicking sensation, like a nerve flicking !! what should i do please, with love and thanks , v xxxx:hidesbehindsofa:

ps i don't want root canal...........

Hey Vanessa
Your story does not sound like a root canal treatment. One of the disadvantages of the amalgam filling is that it is made of metal that transmit hit (and cold).
In any case, if the sensitivity/pain is improving with over the following days, it is sign that the tooth is calming down after the first filling, so it is on the right track.:party:
Wait couple more days, it would probably decrease. :)

Back