• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New Orthodontist, Tooth Extraction, everything's crazy and I'm scared!

• Thread starter Scared-Of-Everything
  • Start date
S

Scared-Of-Everything

I just started going to a new orthodontist yesterday. My old orthodontist put braces on my teeth WAY too early, and wasn't very patient with me. The new one is very nice, and I'm glad I switched. Even so, the new orthodontist just told me I have to get a baby tooth pulled by the end of the year so my other teeth don't get messed up. As soon as I heard this, my natural reaction was: "Will it hurt? What will the dentist do? Will he use a drill? Will I see blood? Will I be asleep?" The only answer I got was "Don't be scared, it'll be fine." I'm scared and confused, and I've been asking more questions than gettting answers. I was hoping I could get some help on this forum since I'm scared of going to the dentist. Please, is there anyone out there who can answer my questions, I'm really scared!!!

Oh yeah, and for anyone who didn't want to read all that, here's the summary:
I have to get a baby tooth pulled, and I'm really scared. What will happen when I get the tooth pulled?