• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New to the forum extreme anxiety and some questions

S

Smash2609

I just recently found this forum. I had several bad experiences with dentists when I was younger. One did not novocaine when I was having my first cavity filled at 14 and since that day I have dreaded the dentist. I am now 36 and didn't go to the dentist in 4 years. I had my cleaning yesterday and I was fine. Dentist told me I have two cavities. The cavities is where my anxiety goes full throttle. I literally drip sweat in the chair when he's drilling. It has always been horrible for me. My question is this ..is it possible to go to a sedation dentist for these fillings? My dentist is not sedation but i would like to be doped up for these two cavities...then i plan on going and getting my teeth cleaned every 3 months to avoid this again . Thanks

of course!
thats what i and other dentists like me offer patients

of course!
thats what i and other dentists like me offer patients

Thank you Doc, I did not know if it was frowned upon by dentists when their patients get their fillings done at another dentist. I do like my current dentist he just does not offer any sedation. So I would not mind continuing getting my teeth cleaned there. I have no anxiety with the cleaning or even getting teeth pulled. It is the drill and shot that freaks me out.

Back