• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New to the site - seeking advice?

P

pearls132

Hi! I'm so glad i've found this site, I hope somebody can help me. I'm 18 and haven't been to the dentist since I was around 6-7? I used to be a idiot when I was younger and it seems like I didn't look after my teeth right - I've done all I can but my teeth aren't in the best shape. I was in need of braces too, but that never happened. A few of my teeth are very sensitive and one at the front bottom, at the back, is slightly chipped. The front one to the side is also shallow? It looks like the tooth is showing through my gum/is painful to touch. My teeth are slightly yellow but thats never bothered me too much, but I looked at the back of my teeth recently and they don't look anywhere as clean.. i'm worried. After loosing a parent (not to make this about that) this year my already diagnosed anxiety has gotten worse, especially with my health. I'm getting small bumps in my mouth, that honestly I don't think are anything to worry about? Sometimes on my gums and few on my tongue. Stress?

Anyway, I was just hoping somebody could help me, I'm scared my teeth will fall out, i'm scared these bumps are something serious and I just want a diagnosis but i'm not in a situation where I can go to the dentist. (I can't go out alone temporarily, and everyone seems too busy to take me). I just want my teeth/mouth to be normal! :(

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

I don't really know what the answer is for you, other than waiting until someone has the time to go with you. I am sorry you had to go through the loss of your parent at such a young age.

I usually advice people to email dentists to find one that they feel they could visit but this is a problem for you as you don't feel you can go out alone.

Maybe if you email dentists and explain how you are with going out, they may be able to get you straight in to see the dentist when you arrive if you got a taxi there. That way you wouldn't be out on your own for too long.

I understand that in the UK under certain circumstances there are dentists that do home visits but the treatment is limited, but it might be something to look into.

Often when we feel our teeth have gone too far and we fear losing them things aren't as bad as we think. It is amazing what a clean by the dentist or hygienist can do. The dentists can also do a lot treatment wise to help us keep our teeth.

I cannot say what the bumps might be only a dentist having a look would be able to say for sure, but as you are stressed out this can happen.

Could you get a photo of your mouth, if you could maybe the dentists on here may be able to give you an idea. They cannot treat you on here but they can often make suggestions that help.

Feel free to come on here and talk and get things off your chest as much as you feel you want to, we are very good at giving support and often some helpful advice.

All the best to you :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

Back