• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

NHS Dentists in Evesham/Tewkesbury area - any recommendations - a sad tale of dentists past!

L

lizzy1508

NHS Dentists in Evesham/Tewkesbury area - any recommendations - a sad tale of dentists past!

Hi everyone. I've spent many hours in the dentist's chair and an awful lot of money over the years. We moved up to the Evesham area a couple of years ago but I've not visited a dentist since we moved up here.

I've spent thousands of pounds over the years with private dentists but frankly now have the opinion they simply want to make cash and don't really give a damn about their patients.:(

To give you an idea of my experience with dentists.

About eight years ago, I had some private work done by a dentist in Cardiff a few years ago. He was speedy I'll give him that. Couldn't get me in and out of the chair fast enough. He fitted some crowns and persuaded me to have a chipped bottom tooth veneered. When he fitted the veneer was fitted I was in agony.:cry: To say he wasn't sympathetic was an understatement. Six months later I started getting pain from the tooth. We lived in Taunton then and I booked an appointment with a dentist there. It turned out the first dentist had ground the tooth down so far before the veneer was fitted, a nerve had been exposed, hence the pain when it was fitted. The nerve canal became infected and the new dentist said I needed a root canal op.

She was a young inexperienced dentist and didn't sufficiently numb the area when she did the op. I was in agony. She refitted my veneer in the wrong place and broke it when trying to move it.

Six months later the veneer broke. I then went to a Bristol dentist who said a veneer was impractical on that tooth and what I need was a crown. He fitted the crown which is too big and too white. It was pretty much suggested I put up with it. It cost me the better part of £1000 by the time the course of treatment was finished, a total waste of money.

So as you can see, I've had it with private dentists. I just want a decent, caring, proficient NHS Dentist in the Evesham, Tewkesbury area. I would travel as far as it takes to find a good dentist, but have been told you have to register in 'your catchment area' - is this correct?

Can anyone recommend a dental practice or even a review site such as this where I can find out the ones to avoid. I would be so grateful.

Thank you.

Lizzy :clover:

Re: NHS Dentists in Evesham/Tewkesbury area - any recommendations - a sad tale of dentists past!

I cannot help with a dentist recommendation in your area but I can say that I am with a dentist NHS not in my area and so no you don't just have to stick to your catchment area.
If you look on here there are dentists recommendations if you go on the links section at to top of this page, failing that go onto the NHS website and put in your post code and see what comes up that you could get to, a list comes up and you can choose.

I hope this helps a bit. By the way you should never feel pain when having work done. :butterfly:

Re: NHS Dentists in Evesham/Tewkesbury area - any recommendations - a sad tale of dentists past!

Hi Lizzy, we have had a recommendation for a dentist in Stratford upon Avon which I will PM to you :).

The NHS reviews website which carole was referring to is here: https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-dentist

Back