• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Nightmare on dental street Part II

Day 3

The whole thing has gone right down and the aching and throbbing have all but gone. Last night was my first full night's sleep for a while and I have begun to eat normally as well. I guess I have passed the Dry Socket time and I would say that this is the first time I have gone without one.

Still doing the salt washes just in case and will finish off all the antibiotics as well.

:cloud9:

Yay! Good for you. I hope my extractions go well. Kind of scared, but it is always comforting to read success stories! :grouphug::jump:

Oh-Oh. I may have spoke too soon :o:o

I just had my dinner and done my salt wash and this lump came out, which was a ball of wadding which had been stuffed in the hole, disappear down the drain.

Now I'm getting worried and waiting for the pain to come....:scared:

..and here it is!!! Its dry socket time and the pain is really bad. Painkillers won't touch it, so I am going to have to sit up all night (lose another night's sleep) and wait for this dentist to sort it out.

Every single time I have a tooth out....

Why does this keep happening to me???

No idea but in recent internet research, I read that one solution is to rough up the socket under local (so no pain) to create a new clot and then suture so it can't come out. Maybe suturing in the first place would work for you?
:grouphug:

No idea but in recent internet research, I read that one solution is to rough up the socket under local (so no pain) to create a new clot and then suture so it can't come out. Maybe suturing in the first place would work for you?
:grouphug:

Maybe something I could ask next time I have this done.

Meanwhile, the pain subsided and I managed a full nights sleep. The pain came back in the morning, but it was a dull ache well inside the reach of a few painkillers and is down to a dull intermittent throb. I don't believe this is a dry socket, but it may have got disturbed with the wadding fell out.
The only problem is, its triggered a migraine and I am feeling really sick and unwell as a result and I've had to come home from work early and try to sleep it off a bit.

blegh!!

Good to hear that you only got a 'half-hearted maybe' dry socket this time.
Let's hope there isn't a next time as well.