• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Not feeling confident in dentist visit, teeth still issue

A

A196x

Hi,
I visited my dentist today as ever since Sunday (after drinks) I have had pain on chewing with my two big teeth on the right and left. Sometimes after eating there is a dull ache lingering! I then went to my dentist today and they said due to my TMJ they’ll not do a filling and the sensitivity is due to acid reflux wear. They did put a gel thing on my teeth it was a brown colour and think it might’ve been fluoride stuff, he said I could eat an hour after it. Yet ever since this thing has been applied the sensitivity has worsened and it feels it’s made my teeth odd/higher :( does this thing brush off? And what is the alternative if my sensitivity and pain does not go? Panicking :(

(the sensitivity is occuring during any foods and drinks)

the dentist also took x rays of back teeth which have came back fine but what would a xray even show? :(

So I think it was Fluoride varnish, teeth still achey today but unsure if that varnish has made worse. I’m feeling if this pain and sensitivity doesn’t go :((

F varnish wears off fairly quickly. If that doesn't work there are other non-invasive things they can try. The varnish sometimes needs multiple applications to work, so don't panic and do go back to let them try again if it hasn't fixed it.