• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Not looking forward to my next dental appointment

Getting closer to my appointment, I know it important to go and will keep on going to the dentist, even though well most people hate going.

I think like I said due to me having a overcrowding problem, small narrow mouth, pretty sure I may have one or two baby teeth still at 34 which cannot be removed. I don't like going upstairs to see the dentist got those horrible flight of steps, one or two people have fallen down them and needed a xray

I feel I need a lot of touching up with some of the stains on my teeth over the years,

I am not in pain. just hate the fillings on how some of them, hopefully none will need replacing for years, repair maybe. and by than hopefully there will be some treatment to grow teeth.

My dentist does not leave any problems she prefers to catch problems whilst there are tiny/small saves her a lot of wait and more worry for me. three months appointments work well for me. It was much worst when I had 6 monthly checkups the dread, this was with my old dentist I did not like him, he used to tell me off quite a bit about my teeth,

I think some work he did was not needed and scary tactics.

My sister is trying to get into see the dentist more regularly even though she got perfect/good teeth (she does go to the dentist, one dentist once told her she got bad teeth which made her stopped seeing one dentist) now she is pregnant she will be going more regularly than her 6-12 months checkup, might as well use her free service/checkups to baby 1st birthday and hopefully she will not have any problems with her teeth.

I am starting to panic, I been going for years and know the score by now, I get embarrassed how bad I think my teeth look even though the assistant and my dentist is now, I reguarly look at their website to see any new staff, wow growing, some dentists have left.

I really hate my teeth and struggled to keep them clean but I try my best. I want to keep all my teeth and get any problems I may get fixed asap with fillings and crowns (which i am dreading if I need them) I had a root canal and it was better when i need it re-done

Your appointment is on 6th June, right? I know how hard it is to come back for check-ups. Sending you some first good vibes and wishes. Your dentist seems to always try hard to make you as comfortable as possible so I am sure she will do amazing again and so will you. :)

Your appointment is on 6th June, right? I know how hard it is to come back for check-ups. Sending you some first good vibes and wishes. Your dentist seems to always try hard to make you as comfortable as possible so I am sure she will do amazing again and so will you. :)

Thanks at least I got something to talk about now with my dentist, with me becoming an uncle (I don't mind whether I have a niece or nephew, as long as good health) we tend to compared our holidays. She has chocolates hidden in her drawers as I have seen them.

Yes 6th June morning appointment, I don't tend to do afternoons unless I need treatment.

I think now I got onto my proper brush it doesmake a huge difference, a battery boots one is not good for me, but better than a manual one, my oral b electric toothbrush makes a difference.

I think I would find it a lot easier if I had a much wider mouth and not so wonky teeth, I know people have worst teeth than mine, she has seen a lot worst than mine. My brother in law mum's teeth were in a bad way she decided in 2017 to do something as my sister and her son were getting married to get dentures

I dont smoke, I don't drink booze, I try to limit how many sweets and soda I drink, I don't drink orange juice even though my doctor and my parents think I need more vit c (but I always use a straw) and I wait an hour before brushing after eating/sweets/soda my parents don't understand this, even when I went in December over Christmas when I needed a filling repaired I did not get shouted at, and the amount of soda I was drinking was okay and she was pleased that I waited a hour before brushing after drinking the stuff.

Can dentists tell whether you grind your teeth or not. My dentist has never made any hurtful remarks about my teeth and the toothpaste seems to work well, she did advice me not to use mouthwash and it cancelled out the toothpaste I been given.

I don't get much bleeding from gums as I am much careful brushing, my dentist will tell me if I had gum disease which needed taking caring off, I only been to see the hygeine lady once and that when I was eight to have some stuff put on my teeth to protect them.

I really am getting worried now those three months seem to come up so quickly, better than waiting 6 months with the old dentist I saw (I did not like him) he used to poked me about my brushing and eating habits, he no longer works at the pratice, he used to work at another private pratice but I don't think he is a dentist at the moemtn. as I cannot find his name in the gdc

I hate my teeth, some teeth are very closed together which makes brushing harder (been advice not to use those sticks)

I want to fix my teeth to make it easier for me. I keep saying dentures will make it easier for me, but it won't as I don't want to lose bone.

Even though I hate going, looking forward to getting a dental cleaning, spot any problems, I do asked them to check for signs of cancer, I hope I don't have to my wisdom teeth out yet. I want to fixed my problems to make it easier for me.

I am still ashmed about how bad I think my teeth look, overcrowding problem. I tell my dentist about twinges she says it normal and not to worry

Scared about my etth, I don't like twinges and my teeth. I would have thought I would needed more work doing for my agem, with a difficult mouth and overbite.

I don't want to be in pain, I don't like my teeth. I'm scaredI will lose my teeth because I can't keep up with good hygeine with my over bite and small mouth

I would love some touching up to do some of my teeth just to make it easier for me

Drawing nearly now, I worried about how my fillings look sometimes, I think the lighting plays a big part and where the filing starts and finishes did the dentist put filing underneath the tooth edges (I cannot remember)

I worried how my fillings and teeth feel sometimes any sharp edges etc.

I panic how my teeth look I don't want to lose any of my teeth. Going every three months does help but it comes around very quickly.

I should not google about dental problems and teeth online as I suffer from health anxiety.

I want to fixed (any problems) get my teeth and get them looked at to keep them healthly as posssible but I am embarrassed as I think I got bad teeth

Starting to panic now, I know I been loads of times. I hate my teeth. I am scared of each unknown trip. I don't want to lose my teeth. I want to try to keep them in the best condition possible seeing the NHS dentist. I think she does private work as well being the owner.

I don't like my teeth, some stains over the years. I think if I had any cavities she would have spotted them last time. I struggled keeping my teeth clean, sometimes I don't want to eat.

There is a lot of foods I am scared to eat chocolate, crisps. getting food stuck in my teeth.

I been upset about my teeth since I been about 16 and had a bit of work done a few fillings, a root canal, a bit of bonding and one adult tooth removed which could have been saved if it had been my current dentist.

I did fall over when I was about nine on the playground pavement so no damage was seen on the x-ray.

I think my teeth are the worst the dentist has seen ever. even though she says that is not true.

Getting closer but worried how my teeth look

I hate my teeth, scared of every twinge, ache. I am stress out. Going every three months keep problems at bay. I know when I ready for a cleaning.

I don;t want dentures

Still worried about going to the dentist, I don't want to lose my teeth. I hate my teeth.

One tooth is dffficult to keep clean as it much lower down than the others. probbaly get told I am not brushing properly

I made one of my gums bleed bit of redness around the tooth edge. brushing too hard. I don't want to lose my teeth, I struggled to keep them clean. my dentist has never mention about whether I have problems keep it clean, it probably needs a good cleaning from the dentist.

I rarely get bleeding gums.

I think i brush a little bit too hard to get my brush under properly

Had my reminder yesterday, I don't luck forward to the dentist, I get embarassed, I will keep talking to the dentist

Tomorrow is my appointment and not looking for to it

Good luck today, I know you will be fine! Let us know how it went :)

Good luck today, I know you will be fine! Let us know how it went :)

Well I had a shock today, I had to see someone but he was fine, he cleaned around my teeth but made no comments about my teeth, did the usually tongue checking.

He says I am doing okay trying to keep that wonky weird tooth clean. baby toothbrush fine.

Thanks for asking, I don't have to go back to the dentist unitl September 2018, I like the dentist who I saw got a good bed side manner I would put him at the same age as me (maybe younger) if I could not see my normal dentist I would see him or another dentist who works there.

I thought this morning I caught a fork against one of my teeth (and chipped a tooth) but cannot see any chips in my teeth. I am not in pain or bleeding. I panic how my teeth look.

Already nervous and scared about going next time. I hate my teeth worried about whether I got any decay on my teeth on teeth surface, and what has been there for years. I am not getting any tooth pains.

Worried about my teeth scared I got a cavity which was not seen last time. maybe my tooth is discolour marking wear and tear weakness of the enmal

Last edited:
Back