• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Not looking forward to my next dental appointment

I worried about one of my teeth whether I got a cavity or the tooth been like that for years I got for regularly checks, my parents had a look and cannot see what I am talking about, and even have helped me brush.

The philsblogbar

When is your next appt?

The philsblogbar

When is your next appt?

September 7th 2018 in the morning, being a Friday, I just get scared when I see something on my tooth which I don't like the look off, I got the tooth filling which chipped over Christmas. I was only at the dentist last month saw one of her colleagues who was okay,

I know I should not google about teeth. but done the crime.

Thanks for asking

Last edited:
I just scared that I will lose another tooth, I go reguarly for checkups, my parents say how do I know I got a cavity even though I am not a dentist, I am not in pain, I just worried about any changes on my teeth, hoping it just staining, I cannot feel any holes in my teeth, just worried about about the tooth surface seems different when I woke up yesterday. I don't think catching my tooth on a cup helped.

It is a one of the side molar teeth (I think the side teeth are where the molars are)

I went to the dentist today, to try and get an appointment I did my best I got my appointment bought forward to 17 August 2018 now as my dentist is busy, even I like two of the dentists there, I don't really trust any other dentist.

I am a bit worried about this tooth, whether it has a hole/cavity could be wear and tear,. frighten I could lose this tooth within the next couple of weeks, my parents cannot see the problem on the surface of tooth, the dentist I saw in June for appointment did not mention about about my teeth.

Worried it could be a groove forming on the tooth (my dentist did tell me last year I have grooves which were deep) but forgot to ask her what she meant. I hate my teeth. my mum is going with me to my appointment

I am scared of eating anything now. but trying to eat, I worried I will lose my teeth before I am 40 because I cannot brush my teeth well, small mouith, small teeth ish. overcrowding problem.

My Dad is giving me a hand cleaning my teeth, I am ashmed of my teeth, I cannot see what I am doing whilst brushing my teeth, lighting and mirror is so poor in the bathroom, my parents cannot see the mark on my tooth what I am worried about (my parents were both wrong last time that I did not break a part of my filing off, plus wrong in 2006 when I broke a filling)
I am scared I got something wrong with my tooth, not seen my dentist to August. I am ashmed about my teeth how bad there are, dentist last time did not see any signs of cavities or weakness in teeth..

I read somewhere cavities don't happen overnight.

I think the tooth whilst I am worried about is a molar and had some dental bonding years ago, something to do with the enamel of the tooth.

Going into rant, I been told my parents by feel, my Dad cannot see whether it is broken or cavity (he is not a dentist) I cannot see what I am doing whilst brushing my teeth becaause we have a smallish mirror and poor lighting in the bathroom. I am scared I will dentures by the 40, because no matter what I do I always have plaque on my teeth when I go to the dentist (I think that is my parents aim for me)

I have given up chocolate, sweets and biscuits much to annoy of my Mum, I suffer from anxiety

Last edited:
Also given up crisps as well. I am not in pain but worried I have a cavity staining on tooth, I cannot see holes in my tooth. but had my share of fillings, I am scared off losing my teeth, I may want to have crowns to hide some of my bad teeth.

My Mum is going to the dentist with me.

My parents also don't understand why you have to wait so long to brush your teeth after eating something or drinking something like orange juice and waiting about a hour to brush after eating.

I want to keep my teeth in the best condition but I am struggling to keep my teeth clean. cannot do it by feel

I just worried about every pain, twinge, ear pain, jaw pain, I fear every pain in my mouth is cause by cavity or abcess, I go regularly to the dentist which is a good thng

My Mum is going down with me to the dentist next month, to tell her how concern she is as well as my Dad about how much I worry about my teeth. I am scared I have an abcesses or dental problems still. My Dad and Mum think my teeth are much cleaner,

but I worry about every mark, dark spot that it is a cavity even though I am not a dentist, my last checkup nothing bad was seeen, even though I did not see my normal dentist he would have said something if there was a problem.

I may have to have a tablets to take before seeing my dentist next time.

I tend to noticed more things now with my teeth than either, I have bad health anxirty (going for therapy)

I know my dentist will never take a tooth out unless she has to (last resort) my mum needed a crown fitted on one of her teeth, she goes every 6 months but she cannot afford it (she is retired) I think she sooner spent money on other things, that tooth is still is there.

I am seeing my dentist in August, worried about seeing bits of teeth below my other teeth (in bewteen teeth) I know it not plaque as if had it years, I got weird small mouth teeth, a huge overcrowding problem,

This is the reason why my dentist sees me every three months, and not because I have a few fillings, I get a tend up of plaque and no matter what I do, I will always have problems

Sending you some good wishes and vibes. You are doing an amazing job quitting chocolate and also seeing a dentist every three months. Sorry to read how much you worry and also that your mom cannot afford a crown.
Good to read that she is coming with you. As you mentioned, teeth do not get bad over night and if you see your dentist every three months, you have the best chance to prevent problems. I am sure you won't have dentures by 40, you are taking care of your teeth too good for that and you go to the dentist regularly.

Keep us posted, hope your anxiety gets at least a bit better soon, may you find some distraction. It's nice to have you here on the forum.. and please, if you can, let us know the number in the waiting room again, I am so curious! :)

Thanks

Quitting chocolate has been okay (and been sleeping better) my Mum things I should not cut out chocolate etc because I don't weight a lot.

My Mum had not decided what to tell my dentist, she may suggest I be given a tablet or two to calm my nerves.

I got some distraction by getting anxiety help. Fortnight group sessions (not just dental anxiety) plus some one to one coaching.

I think it the overcrowding and worn teeth (I don't use my teeth to open things)

I hope the dentist manager/practice put the total number of appointments missed and how many hours wasted.

My Dad keeps saying to my Mum money not an issue, I don't think my Mum wants to spent extra time in the chair, I can't remember the last time she had a filling done (but has had fillings/crowns done) her teeth became an accident years ago as she fell up the drive taking the bins up after the bin men been (my Dad kept telling her to leave them) but I think at nearly 60 her teeth are okay.

my Dad has false teeth due to his parents never taking him to the dentist when he was a child, only the last four or five years he has gone back for checkups, the dentist tells him you can have new false teeth if you want them

The GP pratices/doctors in the UK have now introuduced the DNA person posted in the waiting rooms.

Also the bits I can I don't think are caviies I have had it as long as I can rememeber, and the dentist has not mention anything, as these are white.

Teeth are weird.

I am still having huge problems even with help, I think my teeth are awful still, my mum says to help me I can brush my teeth earlier when the lighting still good will help me still what I do.

You can't feel what you are doing whilst brushing, I have even tried a magnify glass which does not work.

I am also scared I am starting with gum disease (or had it for years) redness make one part bleed, always the bottom left tooth and bottom right tooth, my dentist have never mention me having gum disease as my gums are always 2 or sometimes I get scored a 3. years ago one dentist scored my teeth a 5 (but not mention of gum disease)

My mum has talked to my Nan about my worries about my teeth, and said to my mum can't the dentist take out the problem teeth, that will mean all my teeth.

I am struggling with this anxiety about my teeth, I am scared I have a hole in one in my tooth even though I cannot feel pain (if I had a cavity I would have pain if it was advanced) the dentist in June would have spotted weakness in my tooth

I go to this anxiety group thing, when I went to the therapy at the gp with my Dad he mention to the person I saw about how bad I am worrying about marks on my teeth.

It seems lke there are little invsible lines down my teeth, like cracks (craze lines) thinning of the enmael?

I am going next week to see the dentist.

It seems you are so good at taking care of your teeth.! I hope your dentist can reassure you and encourage you whatever is going on! You are doing an amazing job!! thought its still scary sometimes and the anxiety can get the best of all of us. :)

Thankfully my current dentist have never shouted at how much plaque, and I don't think she wil shout at me changing my appointment to three weeks earlier.

I did my best to try and get an earlier appointment even though I was at the dentist in June 2018.

I have not recieved my email automaic from the dentist, so she might phone me next week.

I try my best to keep on top of my oral hygeine, I use to go every 6 months until seeing her, if I did not have a overcrowding problem or a fantastic dentist, I be seeing her 6 months with being a NHS dentist. If I could I go private but make sure I got the right insurance without anyone ripping me off.

Back