• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Not looking forward to my next dental appointment

I been turns out I have got deep grooves in the teeth I was concerned about.

I did not noticed how many people did not turn up for the dentist appointment the last month.

We bumped into some I went to school with, and what was more surprising she worked with my Dad in the same company before he retired.

I been given the tips now about brushing, and I can have orange juice and can brush before drinking or wait 30-60 minutes to brush after drinking the stuff and any soda.

So no new cavities, she showed me with a mirror about my grooves I got two in my molars teeth, my molar teeth are sound and are hard, if there were cavities my tooth will be soft

Very well done! Glad to hear that all went well. Hope you can relax now and enjoy some worry-free time until your next check up:)

Thanks

I will try, my mum saw another dentist last week as the dentist we see on Tuesdays works in care homes checking the teeth of people who live there. Her teeth are still fine. she was worried she may have need a tooth filled.

Its that time again where I am worried about going again.

This time I got to even brave to show my niece that her uncle goes to the dentist.

I am worried about how my teeth look, whether I damage fillings, twinges etc.

I have talked to my cbt coach about my health anxity including the dentists what I don't like about going to the dentist, and why.

I have mention about twinges about to my dentist, she says it common for someone my age, I have work done in the past. I have a overcrowding problem. have xrays done.

I hate my teeth, I fear I will lose my teeth.

I am the dentist in a couple of weeks time, still not looking forward to it,

Worried about gaps, seem open gaps due to overcrowding (which appears black) but worried its black traingle (thanks to Google)

Seems more where there touch underneath the teeth gaps, with my gums.

I am scared about the dentist still, even though I been going for years

Last edited:
Dentist no problems with teeth, the black triangle gaps are normal for me.

I been for my appointment today, need a small filling which is okay, my dentist and her dental assistant still say I try my best.

My Mum also had her appointment today, but bought bad news, she got an abscess, she had the choice of having the tooth out or trying the root canal, she had a lot of work done on that tooth. I think she has decided to have it out.

Even though I am not a dentist I can read the xray there was a problem.

We are both going on the same day next month to get our treatment done.

Those who are interested about how many appointments were missed in January 2019 at the pratice I attend, 105 which is a lot,

Last edited:
I am already feeling quite nausea, I am scared because of my tooth which needs filling is making me feel nausea, I am taking anxiety tablets so I don't whether this is causing the problem and my neck feels funny.

I am scared I have an abcess which is causing the problem, but my dentist will have spotted a problem last Friday

I went on Thursday to get my tooth sorted out, I am quite surprise she managed to fill my tooth where it was in my mout. a spot where I can't get properly with my brush and floss etc. I just try my best.

My Mum had her tooth taken out on Thursday as well, since she had an abscess a couple of weeks ago. My dentist show my Mum her rotten tooth (it has a lot of work done over the years, like crown, fillings etc)

There was about a 80% chance chance my mum tooth could have been saved, with root canal, but her mouth heal well.

I will carry on going to the dentist, got an appointment before my 3 months, as my dentist is away on holiday, and I don't really want to see another dentist at the practice apart from two others who work there, I don't want to my Dad's dentist she is very rough,

You are doing great, Thephilsblogbar! Glad you got an appointment before your dentist leaves on holidays so that you can see her and not a different dentist. It sounds like she takes a good care of you. :)

You are doing great, Thephilsblogbar! Glad you got an appointment before your dentist leaves on holidays so that you can see her and not a different dentist. It sounds like she takes a good care of you. :)

Thanks
I think I got the message right with my dentist, the reception staff will know as my dentist is the owner she will be away I will only see two other dentists at the practice, there is only one other dentist who works there currently who i have not seen yet.

Last edited:
Remember a few months ago when I said my mum could not afford a crown, sadly she went to the dentist on Monday and had to have this tooth remove, so that two bottom teeth my mum had removed in the space of just than a month, my mum will be probably given special toothpaste now.

I am due to go for my next appointment on Friday.

Even though I been to the dentist since my first tooth came through when I was a baby. and been going every since, every 6 months, reduced to every 3 months on my dentist advice (not because I got bad teeth, just over crowding problem, and I just get a buid up of plaque)

I get worked up a few weeks before each appointment. I try my best to keep my teeth clean.

I hate my teeth. I can't afford to get them fix to how I want them to buy, due to being unemployed, I see a NHS dentist. I have a few fillings done and a root canal done.

I know sometimes I get twinges in my gums I just got a overcrowding problems. I go to the dentist regularly which is good, which will hopefully reduce infections

I been needed to have a filling repaired chipped a bit off.

My dentist is talking about me having this tooth crowned.

I am quite surprise she is talking about me having my tooth crowned, well I am surprised the same filling chipped two years ago at Christmas. It one of my side molars teeth. so not really visable as the top front and bottom front teeth.

My Mum is coming with me for my appointment in April (she was only talking about it, she did not have time to do it,) it the tooth where I had my root canal done. so I would no feel any pain if I lost filling.

I am due to go to the dneist once again for my three month checkup, at the end of April but due to the covid 19 this will more likely be cancelled,I am worried because my mum have cracked a tooth whether I have also cracked a tooth (I think I would know whether I have broke or cracked a tooth,teeth are strong) or got a cavity.

I cannot remember what work I have done on my teeth

As for the crown she was only talking about it, I think this is the tooth where I had my root canal done, I don't want to lose a 2nd tooth before I am 37. however if I did it would be another side tooth (are these the molar teeth)

Last edited:
Back