• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Not looking forward to my next dental appointment

Keeping my fingers crossed for the situation to calm down soon.. maybe your appointment won't be postponed or at least not too much. You mentioned your mom having a cracked tooth and you worrying you have a cracked one too.. is there anything particular that makes you feel you might have an issue?

Keeping my fingers crossed for the situation to calm down soon.. maybe your appointment won't be postponed or at least not too much. You mentioned your mom having a cracked tooth and you worrying you have a cracked one too.. is there anything particular that makes you feel you might have an issue?

I think it because of lines down my teeth (craze lines?) and I thought i heard a crack when eating something a few weeks ago, can't see any tooth missing, i am not in pain. and there were no blood.

I can't remember whether I had any work done on this tooth or had it there for years and there is no problem with the tooth.

Or it probably how my teeth come together,two teeth touching together which makes it looks like there is a hairline crack or crack

Last edited:
I had an email from the dentist an auto one saying all appointments up to the 27th April are cancelled, mine is the 29th April so I will think I will get an email tomorrow

Some people will not know dentist appointments are cancelled if they have not got access to the internet or did not leave a phone number with the dentist receptionist team.

I noticed more about my teeth, if I had cracked a tooth or broke one I would know. (gaps worried me between my teeth)

I was due for my appointment today. I can only go by what is on the website urgent advice only and the email, (I usually get a reminder when my appointment is due, but was an auto one

I have not had any phone calls today from the dentist practice, to see where I was (not a mind reader)

Does this mean they didn't let you know that your appointment has to be postponed?

The date was between when I got the email (last Friday) to the 27th April., My mum got the same text message a week before mine, she was due to been seen on the 24th April

I usually get an email a week before automatic my due time. but the email stated I be contacted later

I am just scared that I will be took off the books if I did not know my appointment was still on. I don't think it should make much difference as my Mum's was cancelled last Friday.

I think due to the situation with covid19, we don't know what happening.

I just worry a lot

Those who don't have update details like email, text message, phone numbers (or have access to the internet) probably don't know their apointment will have been cancelled until at least May/June

Last edited:
I am getting more and more worked up about going back now. and the more scare (even though my dentist or one of her dentist who at the same practice - wont shout at me) I am afraid because I am slightly overdue the dentist will remove all my teeth, I hate my teeth

I know dental problems take a while to form, as I am not in pain, I get the odd twinge, ,my dentist is aware about senstive in some parts of my mouth, which happens now and again, probably because sometimes I brush too much or a bit too hard.

I am thinking about asking my dentist (and told my parents) to pull all my teeth out, I am just struggling to keep the clean, can;'t see what I am doing properly, no matter what time I clean my teeth at (harder at night) the tooth problem is a wisdom tooth which is partial through looks badly worn down. looks badly stained as a little bit senstivity, i hope it not a cavity or decay starting it a wisdom tooth I can't get to properly. or it the remains of a tooth I had removed when I was a child which was not taken out and some of the root still there.

(but my parents can';t see a problem with the tooth) I live with my parents

Last edited:
Sounds like you only have one tooth that would be problematic, no need to pull them all for one tooth. Once dentists return to a closer to normal practice, can you work with your dentist to make it easier for you to clean all your teeth properly?

Sounds like you only have one tooth that would be problematic, no need to pull them all for one tooth. Once dentists return to a closer to normal practice, can you work with your dentist to make it easier for you to clean all your teeth properly?

Thanks for your reply, she sees me every 3 months, and she knows I struggled keeping them clean as I got an overcrowding problem, even in my 30s. I do ask her questions how to make it easier to clean my teeth properly. she has not really given me a solution yet. I been seeing her for 7 years.

I think the tooth I have issues with, may be broken or damaged even though I am not having any real pain, I just hoping that she can just fill the tooth (even though my tooth has not fully erupt yet, I am in my mid 30s)

I am not being kept awake by pain.

I have read on the dental practice site how things will work, pain and problems with teeth during lockdown, how that will work I don't know, my mum will be seen hopefully been seen quickly as she was part way through having treatment done (even though I don't know how removing her tooth will work)

I am not scared about them wearing PPE

I am worried about this tooth, as it could turn into a serious problem like sepsis. it's the tooth right at back of the bottom teeth (what I call the side teeth) I am trying to keep it clean as possible. just like my other teeth clean

I am just hoping it just badly stained

The dental practice I go to have updated their website, so I may be seen within the next 8-12 weeks, I may have to pay private prices to been seen quickly,

Hopefully my Mum can also get in to sort her cracked tooth out, this should have been removed in April

Even though the dental practice will open now on Saturdays, I will take any appointment and any dentist at the practice to be seen, as long as the dentist, the assistant and the rest of the staff are kept safe, as well as the patients who go to the practice.

I just hope the dentists etc can managed as some people willl lose teeth which could have been saved.

I just worried that the dentist will take all my teeth out, because I did not go in April 2020. I don't have toothache . I can't feel any holes in my teeth. I just worried I end up with dentures because of this covid19 and not being able to get into dentist.

We are going to go and phone the dental practice up next week. as I am still worried about this wisdom tooth, I don't have toothache yet which is good, and can't feel the hole or see a hole. forming.

I am scared that the tooth looks a lot worst than it does. hopefully she be able to clean this tooth and maybe put bonding material on the tooth if needed

There will be a lot of people in worst positions than me.

Well I had my dental appointment, she was not too cocerned about my the tooth I thought I damaged

I have chipped the tooth with the root canal in (being a dead tooth) she is talking about crowning it next year.

My Dad say think about getting implants, well if I have to have implants the lighting and mirror at home in the bathroom will have to change,

I have my next appointment in October this year, and said not fuss about the day and time I go.

Last edited:
The tooth I was concerned about, not a cavity, she would have mention it

The tooth I thought I cracked was not cracked, I tend to notice more problems due to covid19

My gums are still 2mm, top and bottom

Last edited:
My dentist did mention about the tooth which I slightly chip a bit of my filling, mention I did need crowning next year, I have a root canal done a few years ago on it, well it was re-root canal we lasted my 10+ years.

I hate my teeth, and wish I could get them fixed to help me. which means implants or dentures

I am due to go in October for my next checkup and I am worried, as I have got older I am more and more worried of losing my teeth, my dad lost his teeth when he was in his 40s, did not help that his own parents never took him, his brothers or his sister to the dentist, did not help as well he smoked since he was 12 he claims, he still goes to dentist with dentures,

I just have a over-crowding problem my teeth probably look better to most people. but I think my teeth are bad.

3-4 months appointments have helped,

I am nervous about going to the dentist still, even though I been loads of times before, anxiety about my teeth.

I know dentist will have seen a lot worse. and will see worse after lockdown

Back