• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Not really dental related, but more of a health?

A

Aaron_T

Former Member
Figure this is more of a general section, and there are some smart/knowledgable people here..........

Last weekend I got little sleep. I was out snowmachining at a friends cabin, got completely wasted Saturday night, and woke up Sunday with a bad headache (hangover). Went for a ride and felt normal.
Monday morning I got up at 6am to go to the dentist. Felt normaly, just a bit tired (early for me).
However, ever since Tuesday I have been feeling sort of "high" throughout the whole day, everyday.
I've had this happen before. Sometimes when I have had a cold, or if I have been up all night.
Normally it only lasts a day, but this has been pretty much all week. I have only felt this way this long before once time, and that was earlier this year when I went snowmachining and was out in -20*F weather for 4 hours in the middle of the night. Got a HUGE burn on my thumb, and frostbite on a couple fingers). Couple days later get back into town and felt "high" for a week and a half.

Could this be caused do to lack of sleep, or my body reacting to the amount of work I had done to my teeth on Monday? (3 root canals, 10 or so teeth had decay removed and filled). I did feel as though I had a slight cold last week, so maybe my body is reacting to that?

I really dislike this feeling of feeling "out of it". I don't smoke marijuana or do any illegal drugs as I think they are stupid (IMO), and the only thing I have been taking since the dental visit is penicillin, and either Motrin 800 or Lortab 7.5/500 for any pain. However none of those have affected me in the past. I'm mostly thinking it's just lack of sleep and it will pass, but I think it'll just make me feel better if I get any confirmation of thinking, or any other input.

So, should I just try and make sure I get better sleep and wait it out, or........?

Thanks in advance

Re: Not really dental related, but more of a healt

Lack of sleep (being overtired) combined with lots of "exciting" activities could certainly cause that feeling - I'd say try and get one or two early nights and see how you feel! The problem when you're overtired can be going to sleep - a hot bath with lavender oil or similar might help. Let us know how you get on!

Well, all last week I kept falling asleep a couple hours after getting off work (around 7pm is when I would "pass" out), then waking about around midnight or so (when I should be going to bed), and could never get back to sleep till 3 or 4am. Really screwed up my wanting to get rest etc....
Got decent sleep Friday night, Saturday night/Sunday morning I passed out drunk at I don't know what time lol (gotta love crown and coke  ;D ), woke up Sunday afternoon, and after curing my hangover (water and coffee) I seemed to be feeling back to normal for the most part.
Gonna try and make sure I get good sleep the rest of this week, and I should be doing great by then. I do have another 4 hour dental session on Friday morning though.

I know this is a year old post- But the poster said they were taking lortab and it will make you high. I was on it for a week and was high as a kite. (It has codiene in it, a drug)

Back