• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Not sure what to do Age35 need a whole new set of teeth

J

johnjay

Not sure what to do Age35 need a whole new set of teeth. so I haven't been to a dentist in many decades, i know for a fact all my teeth are bad, bottom and top. I got a estimate from one dentist for allon4 for 45g, that's way out of my budget. I need a solution more in price of 20g max. should I just consider denture, really at a loss what to do. I'm in VA, If any has any recommendation.

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, the first thing to do would be to get the advice of a dentist who has seen you in person - we have some tips for finding a dentist here:

Even if all your teeth are really bad, it is often possible to save some teeth strategically to use as "anchors", as a cheaper and better alternative to implants.

If none of your teeth can be saved and you're on a budget, you could consider some implants just in the lower jaw for an implant-supported denture. Top dentures, generally speaking, are easier because there's a fair bit of suction (because of the palate) and they tend to stay in a lot easier than bottom ones (which have a tendency to move around).

But this is jumping wayyyy ahead. Did the dentist who quoted for the allon4 actually see you, or was that a general quote over the internet?

M

MountainMama

Depending on where you are in VA, I could give a recommendation for a good oral surgeon that was reasonably priced. I had multiple implants done there.

J

johnjay

Yes, he did quote me for the allon4 and did the 3d scan but said there was a more detailed ex-ray he needed to do to determine if I was candidate for implants. He said He didn't see any teeth worth saving. I'm in northern Va. by the way.