• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Not used toothpaste for years and now need to use it

S

Suttonn

Hi! I finally managed to get myself into a teeth checkup after years of not being able to make myself book it, and the news wasn't particularly good. The lack of fluoride is affecting my teeth quite badly inside. I need to find a toothpaste with as little texture/taste as possible as I just can't get myself to brush with toothpaste which I found a long time ago, but I guess I'll have to force myself now. I've had a look around my normal Tesco but couldn't find anything beyond colgate or sensodyne and didn't buy anything, and the rest of the shops around will likely have a very similar selection, so I'm guessing it'll be an online purchase. Do any of you have any suggestions to what I should be looking for? Thanks a lot, and wish me luck! :)

Just an idea, but personally I like Toms, its more of a natural , lighter sort of taste and feel to me, they have with and without flouride, and my son HATES toothpaste and the strawberry or mango Toms is the only thing he will use and just a tad of that.

That sounds perfect for me... thank you! Their prices don't seem bad either... definitely needs some looking into ;) Do you know if they do smaller 'testers' or anything like that so I can find what's best for me?

I don't remember ever getting a sample size but when I bought it I did like it right away and ended up using it to this day, besides the special prescription flouride paste at night my dentist prescribed I use that at night. and prefer Toms for their texture and taste..

Hi Suttonn,

you might find some input about this in our article about brushing teeth.

Keep us posted and let us know once you had find a toothpaste that’s ok for you.

Hi Suttonn,

you might find some input about this in our article about brushing teeth.

Keep us posted and let us know once you had find a toothpaste that’s ok for you.

The page that Enarete mentioned has quite a few unflavoured toothpaste suggestions, so it’s well worth checking out :).

You could also ask your dentist for prescription-strength suggestions.

I don't remember ever getting a sample size but when I bought it I did like it right away and ended up using it to this day, besides the special prescription flouride paste at night my dentist prescribed I use that at night. and prefer Toms for their texture and taste..

My dentist also gives me the special toothpaste, I used to be on 5000ppm with my old dentist, my current dentist thought that was too much so get 2800ppm

Back