• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Now What?

S

sailortinkitty

Finally got to contact the one Dentist.

I told them I thought the Dentist this year cracked one of my teeth while drilling and that two of my teeth are attached by the fillings.

They said now with Medicaid you can only get Fillings once every 3 years.

They also said you are not allowed to touch another Dentist work so I have to go back and complain to them and get them to fix things.

Maybe I should have mentioned that the Dentist said they were going to put fillings in 3 teeth but that they have done 6 so far and want to containue putting fillings in but refuse to tell me where or how many. Maybe I should have said I'd like X-Rays of my teeth.

IDK they seem clear in their position if one dentist touches your tooth, they aren't allowed to. Which is insane since the last couple of places not only went nuts on my teeth but this one worked on teeth that already had fillings.

So I guess I need more detailed instructions and key phrases. Like the Mental Health communities Key Phrase for understanding why I am living with my mom turned out to be "I am watching her, she has tried to commit suicide".

Hi...I am sorry you are having such a difficult time. Since you refer to Medicaid, I assume you are in the US. Many dentists in the US are no longer taking on Meidcaid patients, or have really cut back on the adult patients. Due to the fact that the goverment has really cutback on the amount that they will pay the dentists. I find it strange that they would only allow fillings every three years, but being a goverment backed plan, it is possible. Do you have any Dental Schools in the area? It may be possible to have them take a look. While they may not want to work on another Dentists recently treated teeth as well, the may be able to at least check to see if the tooth is indeed cracked and advise you on what steps you could take.

are you guys serous. u mean, if i do in the odd chance develop a cavity, being on medicade i cant get it filled to 2010 because i had 5 fillings this year? thats BS

Yes, that sounds very strange to me. Surely if you need a filling a dentist can't turn round and say, "Sorry, you've had your quota, you'll just have to put up with the holes for a few years." Or is it that Medicaid is some sort of insurance and for the premium you pay, you are entitled only to a certain amount, and that you have to pay for anything over and above.

Medicaid and Medicare are what they give people that are Disabled, Retired, POverty Stricken Children,.. etc.

They have been changeing things about every 2 months now. So what's true for the plans one month may not be true 6 months later.

It has been very chaotic and stressful,.. on and off Dental has not be covered.

So anotherwards,.. if you are too poor or sick to afford to eat, you could not get Dental Work. One of those times was when I went to the Dental Clinic where the Students drilled countless holes into one of my teeth and didn't fill them all because many are pin pricks. They were lost in my mouth, did not use soap, and were telling everyone to always swallow your toothpaste and mouthwash >.> I talked to someone in a Drug store one day,.. I was talking out loud about allergies and those idiots,.. she said where she went they gave her a special medicacine for her teeth,.. they told her to swallow it and such,.. as a result she wound up in the Emergency Room.

*is being dragged off by her mom's boyfriend*

My mom called Medicaid and what the Dentist Office on the phone said is not the current way Medicaid is. But it changes every couple of months so it probably was true at some point.

They are trying to switch everyone over to "Care Source" which keeps stepping backwards.

They started the program this year and for several months, starting in Jan, they kept telling me the next month I would be on it. However, CareSource is a mess right now and not actually takeing anyone but slowly takeing people and they keep shuffleing who they are going to take first and since they can't make up their minds, it's completely random who has been added so far.

Then they yell at the poor confused social worker or whatever put them in the program.

Translation is there is a Brand New Program that noone is allowed to join and if you have joined you are being kicked out of and not receieveing coverage during this mess. They just started advertiseing about this program on TV. Doctors have already been setting up but they just have random junk when setting up with Doctors. So for example my Chiropractor (I haven't seen in years because Medicaid doesn't cover them now) was told it was only for children and only children were covered for them. This isn't true but like I said noone is really on it perm at the moment.

CareSource and something else they plan to switch everyone over to ( or so they say) are going to actually contain many many programs. So if you are set up with one ( which even though they set things up to prepare to allow people to pick their coverage,.. they are actually going to be who selects what you are on) It will only cover Visits to your Phscicion and Dentist, while another will cover Therapy, ER, Doctor/Phsicion, and Chiropractor.. but not Dental.

They still don't even have the programs straight so the Brosures contradict each other, naturally.

ya know, the whole health care system in the US is so F'd up its criminal. It really is. People dont usualy plan on getting sick, getting cavaties, etc, and yes, not everyone takes care of themseleves as they should, but, to punish them, possably condem them to death because they dont make enough money or pick the right plan, is just inhuman. Honestly, when you boil it all down, past all the BS, someone someware is profiting off sickness. True story, i was in the dentist office for my checkup 3 weeks ago, and some guy came in, clearly in tears in his eyes because he was in pain, and knew he needed a root canal and was in such bad pain, he planed on cutting them a 1300 dollar check right there and then to have it done. BUT, that was just for the root canal itself, not for the filling and post, not for the crown, not for the pain medications and anti botics he would need post op, just for the actual work of root canaling the tooths roots. I think with everything elese, it came close to somthing like 3000 dollars or more, out of this guys pocket. Yet, another person was having there insurance pay for tooth whiting, if i herd them correctly, a strictly cosmetic thing.

It made me feel so bad for the guy, i remember thinking, i wish i had some devine power or somthing, were i could just lay my hand on his tooth, and heal it right up, and not charge him a thing. I mean, honestly, this guy really looked like he was giving the dentist his months rent up to get this done, and it still wasnt enough!

It turned my stomach, it really did. I mean, honestly, how can someone put a price on another persons health. Or, with medicade and a bunch of other plans, we'll help you, up to a point. We will cure 25-50% of whats wrong with you. To me, thats a slap in the face. Why even bother helping someone if your not going to help them all the way.

Its just, what the hell, ya know. and this is just teeth. God forbid it was somthing life threating. Oh, we'll give u only half that heart opperation... only half save you. give me a break.

A DOCTORS JOB IS TO HELP THE SICK! FREE OF CHARGE in my view. Honestly. You get all these rich doctors out there, who really have no desire what so ever to help people, just are in it for the money, and they really dont care if the person they are treating lives or dies.

Thats not to say, the dentists and people on this board fit the same thing. Honestly, gorden, Pars, zzDentist, and the rest, are just great human beings, to take time out of there own personal free time,to give advice and support to people who are despret and are searching the web for awnsers. I know, sometimes ive abused that, it wasnt my intention, but, honestly, if it wasnt for you guys, id be in a lot worse shape then i am in now. And honestly, i think all dentists, and doctors for that matter, should live up to your guys standards, because, honestly, not many even consiter it. Its all about the money, and its so easy for some to overlook the fact that its a human being that needs help and they come to a doctor clearly because they are despret, and most of these doctors take them for a ride, and the insurrance company alows it.

Bigpalal
As an outsider as I see it, the only way the system is ever going to change in the US is if those in this predicament register to vote....your politicians have no interest in those 'at the bottom' precisely because in the main they do not vote so they can be ignored.

So whilst I agree with you, there is nothing I can do to help except state what I have. It is indeed a sorry state of affairs for the richest country in the world....but funnily enough even in Europe, dentistry is the one thing which is not always adequately covered by universal health schemes...you probably wouldn't get a child dying in Europe from a tooth infection purely because the parents couldn't afford the treatment though, as recently sadly happened I understand.

Well, we do vote, but you have to understand, here in the us, the curruption is so rampant, and there is such a big distrust of those in power, alot of us figure, why bother. Honestly.

*keeps typeing things and deleteing them*

My Grandfather did just fine. He sucked with money though.

There are so many things I could say but paragraphs and paragraphs about details would just give you knowledge but take things off subject.

Problems on my end is Bush is redirecting Money to the War. He keeps tearing things down and coming up with retarded things. Look into Autism and Breathing Assistence. He has required you have millions in your and be able to telepathically reach your ATM and fly the money over to the Hospital.. otherwise your machine will be shut down-- it's very hard on the people in the hospital. You should warn future humans to be born in the US to uncheck the "Autism" option.. they cannot be assisted and Sciencetist were literally kicked out of their buildings mid day and are not allowed to touch the subject.

So for us we have our insurence being chopped up.

For the Doctors,.. they have to pay out the wazoo because of all those fake Malpractice. So the good Doctors (like my Grandfather) cannot afford to keep their own practice. So the idiots like at the High School I graduated from,.. go from beign allowed to pass because their entire class wrote the same essay, to being Doctors, Pharmistist and Dentist. With the programs they enter allowing them to drill their first tooth at 16 for the Dentist... while in other classes writeing 1-3 paragraphs about Drugs, Sex, and the STD they couldn't avoid. So those become the Doctors, Dentist, and Pharmisist here. We all are use to Nearly Dieing, people we know Nearly Dieing,.. and haveing Deaths of loved ones from this mess where I live. We don't do anything because it's normal,.. so why bother complaining. However, when people do put forth they run into others backing the person who has Malpracticed and the Lawyers they got them. Either way it's bad,.. they either get away with it more or we lose more Good Doctors as what they have to pay raises even more.

Being a Doctor is not a rich gamourious Job. Places are not looking for people that run solely on " .. to help others" or "to better others" as their reason for wanting to be these things. Places should look towards knowledge. It has become "Who can we get money from?" for the places that crank out Doctors, Dentist, and Pharmisist in my area. They also want as young as posible so are all too happy to try to get a teenager to complete things by their mid-late teens.

It's hard to think any more. All I know is I need to seek help in a better neighborhood. The side of town I like and am trying to get my mom to move to is diverse motivated people. We have gone there a couple times this year following some contest events and as a sign things have not changed.. each time we were in the presense of self employeed business owners. The people there weren't focused on Money in their future,.. they set goals and stuck to them. If they are a dentist they are not one for "the money" and they weren't just filtered into it randomly by a career center,.. they set their minds, hearts, and education on Dentistry.

I need to think of the proper things to say beyond " Do you accept Medicaid?" "Oh, and do you accept Medicare?"

I have my Counceler or whatever checking if there is a list of Allergist right now. I would like to see if I can have test done for Fluoride by people covered by Medicaid,.. I noticed most people around here that are Allergist also work with the type of Asthma I have. It would be nice to have someone to go to when I am developeing Broncitist that won't say my Lungs are fine,.. since then within a Week I am in the Emergency Room or Hospital.

As for Voteing Locally,..

... nothing like watching someone have a fit at the Polls " This is the 4th place I've been to!  You don't understand!  While I was at work I supposedly Voted at 4 places!  I am going to have to call you in like the others so they can explain!"

Ever get something that explained the Voteing Order, Dates, or Times?  They are fake.  We get them.

How about when they suddenly decide to switch where people vote?

Or when they close the Polls an hour early and tell everyone in line they want to go home so we should go away.

There are also the extra votes the machines have.

Then there are the police people have run into.  They put up Detour signs where they aren't.

This last time I voted they had the flags hideing in bushes,.. only one Vote Sign ( inside),.. and some people had set something up directly in view to be the first thing you see entering the building,.. so you want to walk over there and talk to them instead of locateing the off around the corner sign that tells you where the Voteing REALLY is.

P.S. Please also consider things from my Post before this. Our Voteing has no effect on the things the Government decides to randomly do, without warning, and with something else in the news to cover up the event. Like a visit with Shivo or a visit with an Autistic Boy who plays Basketball. These Positive Image events take place the same day and there is censorship in our News. I am aware of the Censorship because I have friends outside the US,.. and ever since 9/11/01 people in other Countries have been freaking out about things that are not permitted to appear in our News.

i applogise. im still young, and sometimes, i just take what i see or here, as gospel truth. Its just it got to me that, that poor guy was in so much pain, and was paying out of his own pocket for a root canal, and it still wasnt enough

The front page of Yahoo! Currently has something about Health and Education Bush is stopping even though everyone else in the Country and Government was for it. I'm happy the Children's one was on Yahoo and in the News for so long,.. they still never clarified.. they already passed something to increase Taxes on Cigarettes to get the Money for the Children's Health thing,.. specificly for that it stated,.. then the thing to make that set up to take the money in and help adjust where it would go was what Bush kept Vetoing. This means there is more money coming in that's supposed to go to something specific but that the receiveing of that money into that program was not passed... makeing the money go into Limbo-- as I thought would happen so that it could vanish like so much more money.

So not only do we lack power, but the Senate and House lack any Power at the moment.

3k is about half of what I get to live on a year. What I get to live on a year is NOT ENOUGH to pay for houseing and Utlities. Not even enough to cover the Rent.

People get into Debt these days for medical reasons.

sailortinkitty said:
The front page of Yahoo!  Currently has something about Health and Education Bush is stopping even though everyone else in the Country and Government was for it.  I'm happy the Children's one was on Yahoo and in the News for so long,.. they still never clarified..  they already passed something to increase Taxes on Cigarettes to get the Money for the Children's Health thing,.. specificly for that it stated,.. then the thing to make that set up to take the money in and help adjust where it would go was what Bush kept Vetoing.  This means there is more money coming in that's supposed to go to something specific but that the receiveing of that money into that program was not passed... makeing the money go into Limbo--  as I thought would happen so that it could vanish like so much more money.

So not only do we lack power, but the Senate and House lack any Power at the moment.

3k is about half of what I get to live on a year.  What I get to live on a year is NOT ENOUGH to pay for houseing and Utlities.  Not even enough to cover the Rent.

People get into Debt these days for medical reasons.

Hey,
I'm from the "Good Ol' Land of the Free" (US) too and I just wanted to say that I think that you are very wise and very insightful about what is going on in our country...have you ever seen the documentary "Sicko"? it's out on rental now and it depicts everything that you have said perfectly! I think you would really enjoy it! Anybody who wants to see the truth about the health care system in America needs to watch that video....it's a sad truth.

Back