• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

numbness after 1st step of implant

C

curlysue

On 1/20/09 I had the first step of an implant bottom back left part of my mouth. Its now 3/16/09 and my jaw and lip are still numb and tingly on the left side. The next week after the implant I went back to get the stitch out and my dentist told he probably hit a nerve when he injected me and it could take 3-4 months to go back to normal. I am scheduled to go back to him for the 2nd stage of the implant in mid April. Please someone tell me this is normal or not, thanks:scared::(:mad:

Hi curlysue

When I had my implants I had exactly the same numbness, it feels like an injection wearing off.

Mine took about 3 months is disappear altogether so give it time.

:)

It's an occasional unfortunate side effect to some local anaesthetic shots, it's not really related to the implant placement, just to the LA delivery. If there's some tingling and the feeling is returning a bit, then it's a good sign, unfortunately there's nothing really makes it get better faster, although some people think some multivitamins are helpful.

Implant numbness

How come no body answered my question about numbness that I posted on 3/16 I have been numb since 1/20/09

Re: implant numbness

I think your question was moved to Dentistry Questions section and you also got answers.

Back