• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Obsession, and distractions

M

Menopausal Magpie

Hey people,

Is anyone else like me, of an obsessive turn of mind? As in, if there's something wrong with my mouth (or with my health generally...or, heck, if there's anything I suspect may be wrong in my LIFE generally, period), my mind gets TOTALLY taken up with it, and it's pretty hard to distract myself.

I do try, though. Reading helps, or making art (even just colouring), or sewing (I quilt). Anyone have any other activities that particularly help them to get out of the 'ruminating' mindset?

Hey people,

Is anyone else like me, of an obsessive turn of mind? As in, if there's something wrong with my mouth (or with my health generally...or, heck, if there's anything I suspect may be wrong in my LIFE generally, period), my mind gets TOTALLY taken up with it, and it's pretty hard to distract myself.

I do try, though. Reading helps, or making art (even just colouring), or sewing (I quilt). Anyone have any other activities that particularly help them to get out of the 'ruminating' mindset?

ME!! My mind roams from one thing to another all consuming and fearing the worst for everything!Even reading my mind will wander to the anxiety issue I tried mediation too and my mind doesn’t cooperate with that either. I’ve recently started teaching myself piano. Ifind with that my mind doesn’t have a chance to wander as I really have to focus. I’ve also done puzzles in the past another thing that requires total attention. It’s horrible isn’t it? ☹️ The constant worry is so exhausting to both both and mind.

Back