• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Off I go...

That is soo great you are doing this for yourself. and facing these fears. i hope you will have the kindest dental team helping you.. and you will over come this and not have to worry!!

frostgirl, we are with you. Keep us updated how you are doing, days shortly before a visit can really be chalenging and the fear can seem unbearable, but we are here to support you and sure you will be doing great and this was one of the best decisions you have made in your life.

frostgirl, we are with you. Keep us updated how you are doing, days shortly before a visit can really be chalenging and the fear can seem unbearable, but we are here to support you and sure you will be doing great and this was one of the best decisions you have made in your life.

I'm oddly calm at the moment. This may change but I might be calm on the day. I'm still worrying about how it will go, but I'm not as panicky any more. This will probably change on the day before my appointment and the day of my appointment.

I know I've got to go through with this. And I will be glad I will, but I'm just so worried about how it will go, and I'm terrified that I'm going to lose all my teeth. But I've got to go because I don't want to lose them. Arh. I think I'll feel better once I've gone because then I won't be worrying about how it will go, because it will be over.

Argh. I got a text message this morning to confirm my appointment. Argh bloody hell. It's real now. The panic is starting set in a bit more. My stomach is tying itself in knots at the moment. Oh god I'm so worried and nervous about how it will go

Part of me wants to ring and cancel it but I know I've got to go through with it :(

Frostgirl, I seriously wanted to open the window and get out of the waiting room at my first appointment! (Chickening out through the door would have been impossible because I would have to pass the reception).
I believe that wanting to cancel the appointment belongs to the game. And wanting to chicken out also:) you will be so proud of you after the visit is over:)

Have you already planned how you will reward yourself after the visit?

Frostgirl, I seriously wanted to open the window and get out of the waiting room at my first appointment! (Chickening out through the door would have been impossible because I would have to pass the reception).
I believe that wanting to cancel the appointment belongs to the game. And wanting to chicken out also:) you will be so proud of you after the visit is over:)

Have you already planned how you will reward yourself after the visit?

I don't want to give into the fear and cancel. I'm going to go to it.

I'm planning to reward myself after my appointment with a look round a few shops, and then I've got a free drink to redeem at the coffee shop near my work place, so I'm going to treat myself to a nice drink :) Hopefully this will calm me down enough to be able to go into work composed enough so people don't ask what's wrong.

You can push through and do it and it will be sooo worth it..You can do this for you.. because you are important and worth it!! and we are pulling for you. and definately let us know how it is when you get back :) :) those last minutes are rough, the anxiety kicks in.. but it is soo worth it when you come out the other side of the chair .

Part of me wants to ring and cancel it but I know I've got to go through with it :(

You can push through and do it and it will be sooo worth it..You can do this for you.. because you are important and worth it!! and we are pulling for you. and definately let us know how it is when you get back :) :) those last minutes are rough, the anxiety kicks in.. but it is soo worth it when you come out the other side of the chair .

It's so nice knowing that there's people like you supporting me. I'll definitely post after I've been. Argh, the anxiety is really setting in again now

Frostgirl - I can definitely relate. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow after 15+ years. I am PETRIFIED but keep telling myself that I only have to do tomorrow once. Wishing you luck. We can do this!

Frostgirl - I can definitely relate. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow after 15+ years. I am PETRIFIED but keep telling myself that I only have to do tomorrow once. Wishing you luck. We can do this!

Thanks, I hope your appointment goes well. I am starting to feel anxious and nervous.

We can do this!

Frostgirl you can do it!! I know it's scary but you've come so far already just by calling and making the first step. What time is your appointment tomorrow? I'll be thinking of you!

Good luck

Frostgirl you can do it!! I know it's scary but you've come so far already just by calling and making the first step. What time is your appointment tomorrow? I'll be thinking of you!

Good luck

Thank you!

My appointment is at 10:10am tomorrow morning. I am terrified at this moment. I'm so worried about how it will go. I think the anticipation is what's making me more anxious.

Last edited:
I feel sick to my stomach with anxiety. I'm terrified that I'm going to chicken out tomorrow and not go to the appointment. I want to go and get everything sorted out. But I don't want to actually tell them how long it's been since my last appointment, because I'm terrified they're going to make me feel bad about it. I'm also worried that I'm either not going to be able to talk tomorrow, because of fear, or that I'll make a fool of myself. And I'm terrified that I'm going to cry when I'm there. I know I'll feel better after I gone, it's just the waiting is getting to me.

Well my moods are changing quickly today. One minute I want to go and get everything sorted, and the next I want to cancel the appointment and bury my head in the sand. Argh. I'm worried about how I'll be in the morning :(

Frostgirl,

the day before and right before you walk in the door is the worst anxiety.. you can do it and get through it .. it IS definately hard sometimes to push through..you can do this!! You can be fully aware of the anxiety and show up be be brave! remember you are so worth it!!!

Frostgirl,

the day before and right before you walk in the door is the worst anxiety.. you can do it and get through it .. it IS definately hard sometimes to push through..you can do this!! You can be fully aware of the anxiety and show up be be brave! remember you are so worth it!!!

Thank you for this, I've got to keep remembering that I can do this.

It means a lot having people give reassuring and supportive words before my appointment.

At the moment, I don't feel too bad. I still feel anxious and nervous, but I'm not shaking. I do want to go to this appointment tomorrow and get the first visit over and done with. I have given myself a headache from overthinking it and worrying about tomorrow.

I'll be a nervous wreck in the morning :(

At the moment, I don't feel too bad. I still feel anxious and nervous, but I'm not shaking. I do want to go to this appointment tomorrow and get the first visit over and done with. I have given myself a headache from overthinking it and worrying about tomorrow.

I'll be a nervous wreck in the morning :(

Would like to say "no, you won't", but experience says yes, you will be a nervous wreck. But that's ok, we all have gone through that and you will too :)

Thinking of you and already crossing my fingers for you and hopefully the dentist is the nicest person you have ever met and puts you at ease in the first second of the visit!

Been thinking about you! I'm sitting at my desk a nervous wreck. But I can do this! And so can you.

You jump, I jump, Jack. (If you aren't a Gilmore Girls fan...never mind)

Back