• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Okay I like treating anxious patients

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
I will admit it that I look forward to seeing patients who are anxious. I do it because I know that I can help them with their dental anxiety. By helping these patients overcome their dental anxiety it gives me joy. It's a s simple as that. Like any other doctor I don't have 100% success but my my patients have had exceptional reductions in their dental anxiety. As I look back to my thirty years of practice this will be how I will judge what I have done in my professional life.

And reading that post brought me joy. Thank you so much, on behalf of everyone you've helped!

Thank you so much for that Comfortdentist, sometimes its so easy to feel as an anxious patient a burden, bother , or that everyone in the office can't wait to get you out, or don't know what to do with you, its really a blessing to hear someone that looks forward to helping anxious patients and I know there are many out there but thank you for saying this I'm sure you are a great blessing to your patients as you are to us on the forum.

What lovely words to hear from a dentist! This proves how much the industry has moved on in recent years. I learnt from my recent experiences that the key to success is to be honest and open of fears concerns and past experiences; moreover, the magic bullet is finding someone you feel comfortable and happy with - the rest will most likely follow naturally. I also found looking at practice websites before making first contacts extremely useful; looking out for people that openly indicate an interest and desire to help patients with phobia and/or anxiety should prove fruitful.

Thank you. I really hope whoever I see next week is the same. ?

Back