• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

OMG, Can Someone Help?

A

adoption97

This weekend I have had horrible pain/stinging in the roof of my mouth along with swelling in the top gums. I wear a dental flipper for my front teeth and was not able to get it in due the swelling and pain. When I move my tongue across the roof of my mouth, it feels like canker sores or something. Does anyone know what this might be? I am so scared!

A

AsaGohan

Do you have the telltale signs of canker sores? White patches or even red patches? Did you notice anything different before it happened? Canker sores can hurt a lot (like I went to my dentist because I thought I had an infection but it was just the start of the worst canker sore in my life.) but I wonder if anyone else has had this similar problem.

M

Mugz

I've had thrush after having been on antibiotics for a LONG time. It's very painful - sore white patches that bleed if you scratch them. Easy to treat with a yucky mouthwash which tastes bad but helps the pain as it numbs your mouth. Sorry you're in pain. Hope you can work up the nerve to let someone take a look to help you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Freyja Share Your Success Story! 3
S Support 1
D Support 3
H Support 6
B Support 2