• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Omg i did it!!

S

Sreeve511

I haven't posted here in years. I worked through my phobia of having my upper teeth worked on as it didn't involve numbing my tongue. I had yet let anyone numb me for my lowers. Today I got my first lower nerve block and a wisdom tooth extraction. I wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I could still feel my tongue in the back. Only half was numb. I still felt I could breathe. Not too bad. But wow was I numb from middle of my chin to my ear. But that didn't bother me. I white knuckled it a bit. But I think the next time will be easier. I do have to say I don't enjoy the lower blocks as much as upper freezing. Seems a little more uncomfortable and dentist had to remind me to breathe. Am I going to get a block like that every time we work on lowers?? Anyways I have one more wisdom tooth to go with another molar extraction and a molar root canal ( both were next to the horrible wisdom teeth) then uppers I need a broken RC pulled and unfortunately last week one of my "fixed" teeth my CANINE broke and there's nothing left. Previous dentist had basically hollowed out my tooth with a filling and didn't cap it or whatever and I had no idea and it just broke. So a bridge is going to be put in. And then.... I will have healthy teeth!!! Hurray. Might take me some time as money will be tight as pay as we go and I have to space out my work as I have other health issues as well. But I see a progress happening and I hope the momentum keeps going. Yay me

Sevena

Sevena

Super Moderator
Good job! You're doing great. You should post your story in our success story section :D people always benefit from hearing about other's success.