• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

One more stupid recovery question

MeaDrea

MeaDrea

It's the 4th day... first day I've had swelling and a little pain. Is that normal? The start of dry socket? And what's this big lump that suddenly appeared?

Attachments

FearfulInMA

FearfulInMA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Days 3 and 4 were the worst for me in terms of discomfort. I would say just hang in there for the next couple of days. If it doesn’t start to feel better after that, then you could call the dentist. Also, the more you pull on your mouth to look at it/take pics, the more it disturbes the extraction site and the longer it will take to heal. I know you’re anxious, but I promise, the more you can just leave it be, the better off you’ll be.

MeaDrea

MeaDrea

The stitches just popped suddenly when I yawned... and all the pressure eased. My dentist called to see how I was healing and he told he me if the stitches did that, they're starting to dissolve which means I'm healing

I think I freaked out because it's going too well. Minimal pain, no visible swelling, just minor inside the mouth, I was expecting worse