• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

One possible source of pain discovered!

M

MountainMama

I had an MRI last week, not for dental reasons but it was discovered that I have a retention cyst polyp in my right maxillary sinus. It is fairly small but the doctor said it is possible that it has been causing the pain in my sinus, alongside my nose and up to my eye. I had been having more headaches than usual, and I had attributed all that pain to the dental implant on my front tooth. So some of the pain may not be due to the implant.
The doctor said they usually resolve themselves over time but if the headaches and facial pain get worse, I will want to see the ENT to see about removing it.

Yay! So glad you got some sort of answer. Hope you’re feeling better!

Yay! So glad you got some sort of answer. Hope you’re feeling better!

Not feeling better, but at least I have one tangible thing that could be causing some of the pain. It may not be atypical facial pain, but the cyst causing some of the pain.

Do you feel like there’s still pain from the implant on top of it? So hard not knowing and not having specific answers.

I got my crown put back on this week and I’m right back in pain again, so I’m feeling a bit unsure if I should call my oral surgeon again.

Back