• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

OPINIONS? Is this severe periodontitis or gum disease? :( (photos)

M

mc90

Hello, newbie to the forum but have been reading threads for a bit. Basically I am early 20s and very aware of the fact my teeth are disguisting. I have an appointment with the dentist on Thursday and am terrified I am going to find out all my teeth are going to fall out due to gum disease or periodontitis after endless google searching. For the past month I have been constantly brushing my teeth after meals & flossing and using mouthwash but I dont think it will help at all. I have attached photos if any professionals/experienced are able to be brutally honest and tell me what to expect on Thursday and how the treatment will go... ultimately, am I going to lose my teeth :confused:

Thank you xx

p.s apologies for the pic i am so embarrassed just looking for some support. :redface:

Attachments

• untitledteethjpeg.JPG
    untitledteethjpeg.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 171
H

Hunter

Hello, newbie to the forum but have been reading threads for a bit. Basically I am early 20s and very aware of the fact my teeth are disguisting. I have an appointment with the dentist on Thursday and am terrified I am going to find out all my teeth are going to fall out due to gum disease or periodontitis after endless google searching. For the past month I have been constantly brushing my teeth after meals & flossing and using mouthwash but I dont think it will help at all. I have attached photos if any professionals/experienced are able to be brutally honest and tell me what to expect on Thursday and how the treatment will go... ultimately, am I going to lose my teeth :confused:

Thank you xx

p.s apologies for the pic i am so embarrassed just looking for some support. :redface:

Er...i'm not a dentist so anything I say can be disregarded, but your gums don't look inflamed and your teeth just look like they could do with a clean. Sees dentist for a real opinion. I hope that helps. Gum disease and peridontitis are usually inflamed I think.

M

michisafraid

Thank you xx

Hi there,

I have gum disease and from your picture your gums look super healthy so if I were you I would not be worried. I wish my gums looked as pink and healthy as yours do! Good luck at your appointment, you will do fine. :)