• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Oral Sedation using Midazolam.

A

amy2311

So Yesterday I had to have a root canal filling on upper left 5 and I opted for Oral sedation and I am so glad I did. I had to drink this green liquid which tasted weird and was then led to the dentists chair, after this my memories become patchy, I was really relaxed and wasn't too bothered by the injections after this the tooth was drilled and filled, once she took the temp stuff out I don't remember much of what happened next, I remember leaving the chair and getting an appointment for later that week, but I have no real memory of the car journey home other than I stumbled around a bit and when I got home I said something to my grandma of which I have no memory and apparently it was regarding having no memory!!! I then went bed I don't remember going to bed, after this I woke up a couple of hours later wondering if it was done or not and was fine after that but a little tired. All I can say is having sedation is the best thing I could have done for myself.

Thank you for putting your success story on here it will help others who may be afraid and wondering what happens with sedation. I hope you stick around if you need some support or just want to chat and share your knowledge to help others.

WELL DONE :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

I decided to put this on here because not many people realise that sedation is available, I had to pay for it Privately and this wasn't too much, £25 but the root canal was done on the NHS, got to go back tomorrow to have upper right 3 filled after I left that one a bit too long, (I went uni and kind of let things slip until lower left 8 began to give me peridonitis) but that tooth is to be removed under GA, (hopefully). I am even trying to convince my friend to see his dentist for a check up and even told him what my experience of sedation was like, It is defiantly worth it for the way it just relaxed me and made me feel a bit dopey and forgetful:):hic:

I also need to add that not all areas offer GA routinely for wisdom tooth extraction, I had to ask my local dentist to refer me to a hospital locally not the dental hospital where I go to uni as they won't do it under GA there and I developed my phobia after dental extractions.

Last edited: