• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Oral sex after dental surgery

C

Cookie4878

Hello, I recently had dental surgery about a week ago which included full mouth extractions. I wanted to know if you could tell me how long I should wait before performing oral sex on my partner?

I don't know? I wondered about this because I had an extraction last month. To be honest, I waited a few weeks at least. I was just paranoid.

Have you had a check up yet?

In general the more extensive the surgery the longer it takes to heal. If you have delicate surgery such as grafts they really need to be left undisturbed for at least a couple of weeks+++. For a simple extraction much less time is needed. Please remember that with oral tissues still healing you are at an increased risk of STDs as the mucosa isn't intact.
Best to ask the doctor when you can resume all activities without restriction.

They were able to pull them, they didn't half to cut them out, but I still have a few dissolve able stitches left. No follow up has been schedule except when I go back in for my dentures.

And that's not for three more weeks

Back