• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Oral surgery Tuesday

29va

So Tuesday is the day I have 9 removed. A bottom impacted wisdom tooth, 4 molars and 4 top front teeth. That will leave me with 9 teeth total to continue to have filled and partials made.
Scared to death but I been to this oral surgeon before, an IV in the hand and I wake up, or thats how it was last time anyway. Still really nervous though! Really freaking out though about not being able to eat much for a few months until partials are done!

I've had 2 dental surgeries (2 different doctors too) and it's the same experience. IV goes in, then suddenly you're done and you have a mouthful of gauze. i also had an endoscopy and it's the same thing.

You'll still be able to eat. What worked for me was lots of soup and pudding at the very beginning. You'll eventually heal up and be able to eat normal food again. Good luck!

Back