• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Oral thrush

A

amandah

Please can some one give me some advise? I have not been well with a nasty virus with heavy cold and now cough. And sore throat. Now after two lots of antibiotics , I have got thrush. I am ment to be going to see a Dental consultant on Thursday, with a view to having my back teeth out. !! 9 in all, yes I am very scared. As I also have Anxiety as well. This does not help. My teeth ( touch wood ) Are not hurting but are rotten. Anyway hope some one might be able to help Thanks regards amandah

Courses of antibiotics can kill off many of the normal bacteria you have on you and in you, and that allows the thrush organism (a yeast) to overgrow (many women get yeast infections after a course of antibiotics for exactly this reason). This yeast is not normally a problem, and is a part of your normal flora. However, I would not undergo the extractions until you get it under control.

There are medications (antifungal) for thrush, like nystatin. Call whoever prescribed the antibiotics for a prescription that will clear it up.

Hi Thanks for your advise. I will make an appointment for Tuesday and go and see the GP, as its now a holiday weekend, and I cant go and see them till tuesday. Thanks regards amandah

Back