• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Oroantral Fistula

J

JenniD25

I had all my top teeth extracted 2 weeks ago and had immediate denture placed in while rinsing with salt water it was coming out of my nostril so I went to the dentist and I was told I have an Oroantral Fistula however all my dentist intends on doing to treat this was a 5 day dose of Arythomiacin is this the correct treatment for this condition I have been reading different things that say the only way to fully treat is a surgical option. I can see the fistula when I use a small mirror it does not seem to be healing to me but I am not a dentist so I do not know for sure also he told me I can't blow my nose and I must always sneeze with my dentures in and my mouth open however I am not a psychic and can not control when I may have to sneeze what would be the result of me snezzing while my dentures were out and what are the most serious problems I could have with this problem I am needing to know so I know whether or not to try to get money together to see an Oral Surgeon or if it will eventually treat itself thank you for any information.:cry:

every case is different many times a small opening will spontaneous heal especially if the denture is kept in. Talk to your dentist about general sinus precautions.

Back