• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

OUCH! Had a brutal RCT today, but I got through it

S

ScaredyCanine

I finally got my second root canal this morning... it was a molar and one of the roots got infected this weekend, I had to go to an urgent care and get Antibiotics and T-3's. The procedure was really rough, especially when she used the file on the root that was infected, but my dentist is amazing and she walked me through it and was very gentle and took her time. She's also very pregnant and going on maternity leave next Friday, but thankfully this was the last big procedure I need (for now, knock on wood), and she'll be doing the crown prep next week. Just have a few more fillings after that.

It's been a long (and expensive) few months, but I'm finally starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Last edited:
:jump: :respect: :dance2:

Hoooray, congrats on surviving and being (mostly) done!!! I've had a couple of rough root canals and I feel your pain, but now it's over!!! Crown prep should be a walk in the park now.

Go treat yourself to something nice, as a reward for sticking with it!

My first (and so far only) root canal last year was a rough one.
Everyone was telling me a root canal is painless.........uh.............not for me. My tooth was actively infected (a hot tooth, I believe is the term) and NO amount of local was really helping. My dentist, though, the calm and patient man that he is decided he was just going to drill a few seconds at a time (till I squeaked in pain) and then I found the procedure ALMOST tolerable.
I agree with Steve......................treat yourself to something as a reward for a job well done.
Great job for getting through it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheer2: :claps: :yayy:

Back