• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Pain After A Double Root Canal

M

MadMaxNightRider

Just had a Double Root Canal 8 Days ago on 2 of my Top Teeth. One was a Canine & the other tooth was next to it. Both Teeth are still Sensitive to hot or cold & hurt a little at night.

Dentist did a Filling on both Teeth instead of a Temporary Crown. I have to come back in 6 weeks to get the Crown Mold.

I was Extremely Sore for 5 days afterwards. Both Teeth that got the Root Canals are Side by Side. Took the Dentist 5 Hours to do it because it was Complicated to do.

The Gums around both Teeth are White & are pulling away from the Teeth. Also the Gums Bleed when I Lightly Touch them & are Very Very Loose. I can take my Finger & pull the Gums up away from my Teeth. Also when the 2 Teeth touch the Bottom Teeth they Hurt a little bit & are Sore to the Touch. Is this a Failed Root Canal or Is it Still Healing?

I have Attached 2 Pictures of my Teeth. I don't have any Pics of the Root Canals though. I have a lot of Dental Visits coming up in order to get my Teeth like they used to be. Got a lot of Stains & Enamel Wear. I brush Twice a Day & Floss. I just have very bad Genes for Teeth. My Mother & her Father both had to have all their Teeth Pulled when they were in their 50's.

Thanks

Attachments

M

MadMaxNightRider

Somebody has got to have some Advice on this. I would Really Appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
If you want quick advice, try phoning your dentist. It's what you're paying them for.

It looks like the gums have been traumatised by something, either the rubber dam clamps or maybe something that the dentist was using during the root treatments. I don't know for sure. Having rubber dam in place for hours is pretty hard on the gums. They will completely recover in time though.

Failing root canals would be more likely to be intense pain, especially during biting or eating hot foods. A bit of sensitivity immediately after root treatment is fairly common and isn't a bad sign.

M

MadMaxNightRider

Thanks I really Appreciate it very much. Those Pics aren't from the Root Canal Teeth. They are a few months ago just showing you what is going on with my Teeth. What could be Causing the GUMS to Pull away like that? I use a $150 Oral B Professional Electric Toothbrush. Could this be the Reason why my Teeth Look Like This. Maybe its Actually Damaging my Teeth & Gums.

I have an Appointment with my Dentist in about a month for the Temporary Crown & the Measuring for the Permanent Crown. I just have Sensitivity with those 2 Teeth that had the Root Canal done on. Just mild pain after I brush them & the Gums are still sensitive even after 10 days from doing the Root Canal. Thanks

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
I'm sorry, but with the best will in the world it's impossible to diagnose something like this from a few photos and without any knowledge of your previous medical or dental history.

The best thing would be to contact your dentist, who has full access to your details and is in a much better position to give you advice.
Most gum issues are relatively slow acting and a short delay in having them seen to is not a big problem.

M

MadMaxNightRider

Thanks for your Help Gordon. Appreciate it. I will talk to my Dentist & see what he says it could be. Take Care.

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Thanks. Please update when you find out what it is :)

M

MadMaxNightRider

Ok Will Do Gordon. I'm not having any Pain it's just Sensitivity with the 2 Teeth that had Root Canals.