• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain after extractions for dentures (bone fragments)

F

fear-dent

I had all my teeth extracted 4 weeks ago.Bone fragments are popping up everywhere but none has worked thier way out. My dentist told me it was normal, but never even felt them to see just how bad they were, He would just adjust my dentures (with the dremmel) and put them back. It has been very painful and i left every (5) visits crying .:cry:On my last visit i had all i could stand and went to a new dentist . Not only was the lab tech horrified at how bad my denture was but I am now scheduled for surgery to have this all fixed. I can not wait for this pain to be over and eat some normal food (-15 lbs) so far. I was also told that the roof of my mouth is abnormal,there is a lump so my denture will never seal properly. Something I wish I was told before hand.

I am so glad you went to a new dentist hopefully he will get all straightened out, soon I will be going through getting my top teeth all pulled and praying all goes well.

Back