• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Pain after filling in one of my back teeth

V

Varah

This morning I had a amalgam and throughout the day there has been minor pain but suddenly at night the pain coming from the tooth that had been filled was cranked up it was almost like a sharp pain and it will go after a couple of seconds and then come back. Not too sure what the problem is but I don't think I'll be able to sleep with it so I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and could give me some advice please. I mean I will call the dentist tomorrow but in the mean time I need help on how to minimise the pain.

K

kitty purry

Ibuprofen will help with the pain. The tooth needs time to heal and the nerves will settle down.

V

Varah

Yeah I took some and it's gradually setting just a bit worried for when it kicks in tonight that's if it does.