• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain after root treatment

G

Former Member
What a fantastic site!!

I am 6 months pregnant and this morning had to go to the dentist as i had bad toothache. The dentist cleaned my root and filled it...i think.

My question is, is it meant to still hurt even after I have had the treatment?

The dentist did mention something about an infection and that i might need some antibiotics at a later date.

Many thanks
Bumpy.x

Hi there,
yes it can take a while to settle- this is quite normal so don't panic. In fact as I see you wrote this yesterday, I bet it is already feeling a bit better!
I did a root treatment for my mum the other day and despite telling her that there was a chance of pain for a day or 2 while it settled down, she was still on the phone the next morning worried that there was a problem, because it was tender. Now 24hours later, she tells me it is settling down (and I'm back in her good books!) :innocent:
Obviously if it is really painful to the extent that it keeps you awake, or if there is any swelling then you should contact the dentist.
Kind regards,
Mike

Many thanks for your reply.

You are right, I am feeling so much better. I did have some root canal treatment a few years ago but as I was knocked out I couldn't really remember how I felt afterwards.

Glad you are in your mum's good books again :innocent:

Thanks again
Bumpy.
;D

Back