• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

pain after teeth scaling

W

wozzle

ive posted on here alot over the last 5 months as ive had nothing but trouble with my teeth, too much to mention!

Anyway after 2 extractions and 3 failed root canals, it was suggested i needed a deep scale and polish....well, they did one side of my mouth 2 weeks ago and since then it feels like every tooth is taking it in turns to hurt. Whats going on please and is this normal.

It was a very deep clean, i was numbed and gums bled lots afterwards.

Im due back thursday to have the other side done but too scared to go and thinking of cancelling :(((

Your gums will have swollen from the presence of plaque and tartar, as they return to normal after the cleaning, then some root surfaces will become exposed, they can be sensitive to hot and cold for a while but should return to normal in a while.
You should ask your dentist to check it out before moving on to the other side though, no sense in having both sides of your mouth hurting.

Thank you Gordon, well, i went to see him and he said the pain and sensitivity were normal after such a deep clean and they do seem to be getting slowy back to normal apart from the odd dull ache.

he carried out the clean on the other side and i had 2 fillings at the same time time, very deep fillings aparently! so scared to have root canal again, would rather have them pulled but he said he wont do it??!!!!

The gums this side are now very sore again and teeth aching.

I know it had to be done because the gums were so bad but i just want everything to calm down and go away! :((

Back