• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

pain and sensitivity a month after wisdom teeth extracted

J

jme

I am 45 years old and had all four impacted wisdom teeth removed on the 3rd of january. the oral surgeon said it was a difficult case and i hada bone graft on lower left. also had some sinus communication on both uppers (which are now healed). Follow ups with os indicate that everything is healng nicely but i have so much sensitivity and aching in other teeth....dr says its normal but wondering if anyone else has had this and if so how long it lasted. could it be that the wisdom teeth were making teeth so tight that now they are moving?? or isit to do with nerves? ready for this ordeal to be over with already!

Hi the best person to give you advice on this is your os and they have had a look and said that everything is fine. Everyone heals at different rates and so it is hard to give you a time scale. It is quite a shock to you and your mouth what you have had done and it takes your mouth some time to get used to the change inside your mouth.

I am sorry I can't be of more help to you, and I hope you feel better soon. It can take some time to feel normal again, but as long as everything is fine try not to worry too much. Follow what the os has advised you to do. If things get really unbearable than contact them again and ask them for some pain relief or ask them what you can do.

All the best, :XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug:

Back