• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain and sensitivity (need some advices)

R

RaptorZX3

I went to the dentist at the beginning of July because i had some pain where i have my root canal on a molar (it's still sensitive to pressure there) on the lower left side, and after some tests, they told me they don't see any beginning of cavity or infection.

i went back recently (last Thursday), and they didn't see anything, the dentist also told me it can happen that the tooth stay a bit sensitive to pressure, and the ligaments arounf the tooth might get "sprained", a bit like a muscle.

But then lately i started worrying because on the upper left side, my teeth seem to be irritated/sensitive, usually after sleeping, it seem to be irritated there. I remember this happening to me before a few months ago, but i just thought it might be something that will just go away with time.

Now i would like to know if this sensitivity do happen to some of you, after sleeping, not all the time, just sometimes. Could it be something else like my pillow being too firm or applying too much pressure to my jaw? (i sleep on the sides usually)

thanks for helping me.

Hi I am not a dentist but it sounds like you are clenching and maybe grinding your teeth on a night if you get this feeling in the mornings. Other symptoms are a bad headache in the morning and jaw pains.

If that is so the dentist can make you a mouth guard to wear at night. :butterfly:

thank you for your reply, Carole.

well i don't think i'm clenching or grinding my teeth (well i hope so.) ...i just hope it's going to settle down soon.

mouth guards aren't covered by the welfare here, what's covered are the very basic stuff (in comparison, this is kinda why we have bad roads around, using the least expensive materials that doesn't last, and then send out crews to patch holes and cracks temporarily...)

Last edited:
It is the same here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I hope you get this sorted soon, good luck :clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::butterfly:

Thank you for your kind words, Carole.

My doctor told me that the system in place in Canada is very similar to our nhs. I think I have been very lucky that my dentist did me my mouth guard on the nhs because I don't think they are included in the pricing. I was causing damage to my teeth though so maybe that is why she did it. You could try a sports mouth guard to see if it helps, they aren't as good as the ones made to measure by the dentist but if it helps you would have an answer:butterfly:

Definitely sounds like you're clenching you're teeth. I do it and don't even notice it. Finally one day I found myself half asleep and realized my teeth were clenched. Wasn't until I caught myself that I knew I did it. You're asleep so how could you know? I've been doing it for over 20 years. I clench, not grind, so no damage to teeth. Just pain and tender jaw. I do not have a mouth guard. They do sell them at drug stores here in the U.S. Probably online too. They're under $20 at the drug store. I've never tried them.

Back