• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain in root-canalled tooth

G

Former Member
This may sound silly, but I've had so much dental work done in my life. esp. that last three years, that I didn't remember a certain tooth was root canaled! I had two implants 3-14-05 and I'm going to a TMJ dentist next week, so I got my panaramic xray from the implant dentist that shows ALL my teeth so I didn't have to pay for another one. ANyway my last upper tooth on the other side in the back is tender and when I rub in with my nail, it REALLY hurts all way around the tooth.

I knew I'd need a filling, but my xray shows that tooth has been root canaled!! So my ? is, could that tooth be a temporary crown that I never got the permanent one on? Crowns are so expensive and I've had some much trouble in a short time, I may have actually forgotten I needed this crowned. Thanks for your help

P.S. I first came here right before my implants I was so scared and you guys help was wonderful. Anyone getting implants, ask for IV sedation, I didn't feel a thing after the numbing shots!!

Can't really help without seeing the tooth, sorry. It could be that there's a fracture in the tooth, this can happen when a root treated tooth isn't crowned right away.

Back