• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain in teeth next to extracted teeth ?

D

Dunk

Hello all,
So on tuesday, i've had 3 roots out and this weekend ive been having pain in my teeth next to extraction site and they seem over sensitive. Is this the norm ? how long will they be like this for ? Can i take over the counter meds for the pain ? I dont know if its dry socket as the pain is not coming from the extracted site

thanks

A bit late for dry socket, sounds to me like the jaw protesting at the insult. Why would you ask before taking pain meds ? Just do it !

You would know if you had dry socket. The pain is unbearable to the point where no painkillers will help. (i should know :( )

I am also having pain where my extraction was on the one side of my mouth, i can only think its caused by teeth moving slightly now theres a gap there. I also had stitches so that could be causing the pain.

I would suggest you just take pain killers, why wait when you can be easing the pain in the mean time. see your dentist again.

Back