• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain in tooth NEXT to a new crown

J

julie_h

hi. i had a crown done 12 days ago on the last molar tooth on the bottom in the back of my mouth. my dentist makes the crowns in his office, so the procedure consisted of a lot of noise, time, and money but i left with the permanant crown in place all in one visit.

i noticed some trauma - mostly in the form of blood around the tooth and nearby teeth immediately after the visit.

i am 12 days out from the event and the tooth NEXT to the crown is still hurting. i went back to the dentist for him to look at it thinking maybe it got knocked around during the crown procedure, and things looked "fine" on the x-ray. i don't have any gum swelling or discoloration.

but, still i cannot chew without pain, and it is throbbing right now. two tylenol every few hours seems to help.

do you think i have another problem, or is this a normal time for things to take to heal?

It doesn't sound right to me, go back and have the dentist take another look. Sometimes things take a few days to show up on x-rays.

Back