• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain in Tooth

B

bugsy

Hello Everyone,

I had a root canal and a crown put on one of my back bottom tooth about 12 years ago but is now causing me pain. I spoke to a friend about it who said he once had the same problem but the pain started within the first year after and was due to either the canals not being filled in properly or something to do with a root not being detected(he cant remember exactly). I asked if i could have the same problem but he said it was unlikely due to the time that has elapsed.
I then described the pain/symptoms to him and he said it sounded like ligament damage as he has had that also. My question is is it possible to get ligament damage in a tooth that has had R/C treatment? If not does anyone have any ideas what is likely to be causing the pain.

thanks
busgy

It could be ligament damage, given the time since you've had the root canal, try a soft diet for a few days, if it gets better then that's the likely cause. If it doesn't go to a dentist for further checks, if it gets worse straight to the dentist.

Back