• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain post root canal & crown

conqueringfears

conqueringfears

Hi! I got a root canal on April 21st, roughly a month ago on #31. A week after that on April 26th I believe was the date, I got my crown.

It’s still a little tender today. It’s not that it hurts to bite or touch, but it’s sore. Sort of feels bruised still. No hot/cold sensitivity, major pain, swelling, etc.

Could it be normal that it’s just still sore after all of the work that was done? It also seems to come and goa little with the intensity of the soreness. Sometimes it’s only on one side, then the other one with the soreness.

I’ve spent a lot of money so I just want to ease my worries of this being abnormal.

Kml1998

Kml1998

@conqueringfears it could just be that it's a little sensitive after having the work done and I hope this settles down in the next couple of weeks for you, if not I'd contact the dentist. But no sensitivity to cold or hot is a good sign.

conqueringfears

conqueringfears

@Kml199 thank you very much

M

MumOfBoys1985

Could be that your bite is off a little ? Might be worth checking?