• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain When Chewing Three Weeks After Filling

• Thread starter nightmareofteeth
  • Start date
N

nightmareofteeth

After a scamming dentist gave me fillings (composite) I didn't need, I now have pain in one tooth whenever I bite down on it when chewing food.

At first it hurt when I clenched down even without chewing food. It didn't hurt tapping it, exposing it to heat or cold, flossing it or brushing it. I went to see a decent dentist and he reduced the height of the filling after examining me and saying it must be the filling which is too high.

Since then it doesn't hurt when I clench, but it does when I chew a piece of food right in the slot there.

Should I just accept that this is probably how it's going to be for life now thanks to my mistake getting scammed by a dentist?

I don't want to have to keep paying to go back to the decent dentist to have it looked at again and again if it can't be resolved.

I was x-rayed by a second separate dentist and I didn't talk about this at the time but they didn't see any problems.

Hey there :)
My tooth calmed down only after about 2 months after a filling was done. But then again I had pain on anything cold touching the tooth.
Maybe Your filling is still too high?
If the tooth is not bothering You so much, give it time. It is not unusual for teeth to be hurting after fillings.

Hey there :)
My tooth calmed down only after about 2 months after a filling was done. But then again I had pain on anything cold touching the tooth.
Maybe Your filling is still too high?
If the tooth is not bothering You so much, give it time. It is not unusual for teeth to be hurting after fillings.

Thank you for the reply. My bite feels normal now and the pain isn't getting worse. I guess I'll just leave it for now and in a few months if it still hurts go back.

Back